Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro tune ups?

Got a used vaquero and was wondering whether or not I should send it to tesoro for a tune up. I know it won't hurt to do it but how do I know if it is needed? Has anyone had it done and noticed a huge difference? About how much do they charge for it? Thanks for any advice.

Don't get caught up in this tune up nonsense. Use it and learn what it's telling you. If you find it's malfunctioning then that's a different story. Cost will be $50 for them to look at it, so if it's working well why send it in and spend $50 for nothing.

I believe the habit of sending in detectors for "tune ups" has come from the need to balance different (from stock) coils to the preset ground models. Even this isn't always necessary. I agree with dan b. Give the detector a good run, get to know it and then if nothing obvious shows up, you might compare notes to those on the forum that are using the same coils to see if the performance is in the same ball park.
BB

I bought a used Vaquero over five years ago and never did the tune up thing and have had no problems. My vote is with the advise of the others, save your money and start detecting.

If it's not broke then don't try and fix it.

There's no such think as a "tune up". If its malfunctioning, that's a different story.
Apparently, $50 is the starting fee for non original owners to have it looked at.

Exactly. if It aint broke. LOL Funny thing is most so called tune up's are a simple pot adjustment and takes but a few seconds. all for a nice big fee. $ Is it worth it? I say run the guts out of the units and keep on running them.LOL

BillF said:
Sorry about the repeat Richbat! Guess I wasn't awake and didn't fully read all the posts.
That's fine but don't let it happen again.LOL