Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Vaquero is amazing ! I'm convinced for sure now !

PlateauSkull

[size=large]I just took my new Vaquero out for the first time to my small front yard where I have tested many machines (DFX, T2 SE, Cz-6a,F4,G2,Omega 8000,At-pro,At-gold,Garret Grand Master hunter ,gta 1000, Scorpion stinger, sidewinder) , not expecting to find much of anything and my gosh I dug the front of an 1800's silver women's pocket watch about 10-11" down, loud and clearly repeatable !! Unbelievable ! Then, if just to amaze me even more, I dug a clad dime at about 8" (not a big deal , right ?)..........loud and clear as a bell , with iron and pulltabs discriminated out completely. I put my pinpointer back into the deep hole and it responded again, so I dug right in the spot where the clad dime was and directly underneath had been a large, thick piece of rusted metal( it was so big it was about 3" x 2" or so). The dime had been dead center right on top and practically touching.....yet the detector with discrimination (just before penny) hit that coin like nothing else was there !!!! no masking, no funny sounds or scratchy or poppy signals....just a loud and clear indication that a coin was there. I wish I had it on film. I'm a believer now.....Vaquero is deep as holy hell and is amazing at separation. It is like re-learning how to detect without a screen or meter, but I'm willing to learn with amazing results like this. No Kidding !![/size]

Welcome to the Vaq world.
An eye opening experience once you see what this thing is capable of.
Great finds!

cool , sometimes all that high reck stuff blinds you or just does not get the job done, thats amazing I have to agree with you the VAQ is a very good machine its going to tell you to dig things many other detectors will not ,

Is very easy to learn . Adjusting a few knobs is a lot simpler than having to take an owners manual along. Some detectors are to complicated for me.

Welcome to the best kept secret in the metal detecting world. The Vaquero is an amazing machine. I've had 15 or so machines over the years, and I would rank the Vaquero #1 in my books. Do yourself a favour and spend the $10 on the Vaquero and Tejon book available on Amazon. You will learn some tricks in there that will make your experience even better. For example, did you know that if you hold the Vaquero still while pinpointing, it will switch into a "retuned" mode and narrow the pinpoint area? I didn't. (Maybe it's in the Vaquero manual from Tesoro, and if it is, I missed that). Also, he explains a technique for thumbing the GB knob to unlock deeper targets. It's a good read!

Dan

So... take that 2x3 piece of iron and lay the dime on it...and you can see the dime and not the iron? I must say, that is pretty impressive. You'll have to share your settings with the rest of us Vaquero owners so we can try it! Thanks

LittleJohn

dan b said:
For example, did you know that if you hold the Vaquero still while pinpointing, it will switch into a "retuned" mode and narrow the pinpoint area? I didn't.

Dan

Dan that will work with any motion detector and comes in real handy with those that does not have no-motion pinpoint switch.
Also try stopping top top of the target, and give a short wiggle, it will retune to a smaller size, keep doing that to narrow the signal further. Some detectors you may need to wait a second
before you do another wiggle. Another trick is stopping the coil on top of the target and bounce it a 1/2" a few times. That also works with larger coils. Or with detectors that have a too fast retune speed. You don't need a bar graph on a LCD screen to tell you your target is centered.

Another note, with experience doing the wiggle or the bounce you will be able to determine what type of target it might be, depth after one or two retunes.
Another reason why you don't really need a LCD screen or just an LCD screen with minimal "useful" info

Ditto what everyone else is saying about the Vaquero. I really enjoy the light weight, easy to learn and a good all around machine.

Thanks for the tips Sven. I don't often use the pinpoint feature as just X'ing the target with a Tesoro gets you pretty darn close. I will use it if I suspect iron lies beneath, as the offset gives it away.

Sounds like you are as happy as I, I have a 3030 sitting on the shelf right now. Air tested them side by side the V is slightly deeper with better target separation and definitely faster recovery. I am a Tesoro man all the way.