Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro wake up !

Bobbylikesgold

You guys ( Tesoro management ) are just not tuned in with what's wanted :stretcher:

Just consider ,

Your competitors have done it , make a detector like Fishers Gold Bug Pro , you already have the technology incorporated in your other detectors .
Imagine a new Diablo Umax with discrimination added for a start ' Wow :please:

Come on the Lobo is past it's prime , manual ground balance is a must for future units , auto units null out faint signals when sweeping over & over the first response .

Bobby.

Why does this get rehashed constantly?
We all know Tesoro seems content with what they have to offer.
If you don't like what they have in their current line-up or if they don't meet your needs,
there are many more manufacturers out there in the US and Europe besides Tesoro which you
probably haven't explored yet.
Don't waste your energy and time wondering and waiting for Tesoro, time is short, enjoy the hobby...........there's gold to be found.
:twodetecting:

I say if a person isn't happy with a Tesoro buy something else or make a better one yourself. For me Tesoro is just fine :thumbup:.

I'm not sure why Tesoro would feel threatened by customers telling them (even via an indirect way like this) what they want.

It is true if you really want a Fisher Gold Bug, why not go buy that? However I don't see what the big deal is about posting what you'd like to see. Personally I wish my Cortes ground balance worked in Discrimination as well as all metal mode. I'm sure many people do. I doubt Tesoro feels that us voicing that is a crime against humanity. That said I really like the Cortes but if I could have my wish, that's what it would be.

Likewise for what it's worth getting an Outlaw is on my "to-do" list for the new year. I've had the metered units and let's be honest NONE of them and I mean NONE is 100% accurate even at shallow depth and for deep targets all bets are off. For a tot lot or a trashy park where you aren't worried about the old deep stuff, an ID is very important. For the stuff we serious folks hunt, not so much.

So I say let the guy say what he wants. I would like to see Tesoro do well as I'm sure all of us would and I don't see the harm in the customers voicing what they want as after all they are the ones providing the cash for Tesoro to stay in business in a pretty competitive market.

Sven said:
Why does this get rehashed constantly?
We all know Tesoro seems content with what they have to offer.
If you don't like what they have in their current line-up or if they don't meet your needs,
there are many more manufacturers out there in the US and Europe besides Tesoro which you
probably haven't explored yet.
Don't waste your energy and time wondering and waiting for Tesoro, time is short, enjoy the hobby...........there's gold to be found.
:twodetecting:

Wow Sven you show off your modifications to older units :surprised: now be good boy & agree they need to incorporate their best into the orsome Tesoro Ha***an :clapping:

Smile ~ Sven you are a Great Detectorist !

Bobby .

LilloEsquilo said:
I'm not sure why Tesoro would feel threatened by customers telling them (even via an indirect way like this) what they want.

It is true if you really want a Fisher Gold Bug, why not go buy that? However I don't see what the big deal is about posting what you'd like to see. Personally I wish my Cortes ground balance worked in Discrimination as well as all metal mode. I'm sure many people do. I doubt Tesoro feels that us voicing that is a crime against humanity. That said I really like the Cortes but if I could have my wish, that's what it would be.

Likewise for what it's worth getting an Outlaw is on my "to-do" list for the new year. I've had the metered units and let's be honest NONE of them and I mean NONE is 100% accurate even at shallow depth and for deep targets all bets are off. For a tot lot or a trashy park where you aren't worried about the old deep stuff, an ID is very important. For the stuff we serious folks hunt, not so much.

So I say let the guy say what he wants. I would like to see Tesoro do well as I'm sure all of us would and I don't see the harm in the customers voicing what they want as after all they are the ones providing the cash for Tesoro to stay in business in a pretty competitive market.

Thank you for your nice post & clear mind on the subject :beers:

Bobby

Wish lists are fine, but I have found tons of great stuff with my Vaquero and Compadre including silver and gold.
New detectors with new features, (that work), would be great, but even if that never happens I for one would still be a very happy and satisfied owner and hunter.

:cool: In reality , there are so many variations of " what people want " that there is no manufacterer who can please everyone. Tesoro users are extremely pleased and have no need to look elsewhere. Instead of seeing what companies do wrong let's see what they do right. People in this hobby have at least 6-7 manufactures to choose from so it's not a matter of the company meeting the user's needs,...it's the user looking around and picking out the unit that best suits his needs. JMHO :cool::tesoro::detecting:

I owned a gold bug, and dug every tine piece of foil and then some, the new outlaw or should i say old tech , outlaw is just the thing for the soccer feilds does not mess with the small junk but gets to the meat and potatoes. not outdated to me I like tesoro. if I want to dig BB,s i will get another gold bug for that . I guess it depends on your needs if you need training wheels by all means get a detector with training wheels. I have owned a M-6 and its a great TID machine can even tell bottle caps apart from quarters. but its hard to swing a sledge hammer all day and so many gold rings fall in with tabs hay I will dig em all . IMHO.

I think Tesoro knows exactly where they want to be in the market. Also, look at the ratio of used Tesoro's that come available compared to all other brands. And when they do, they are snatched up pretty quick.:twodetecting:

Ive said this many times about tesoro detectors......do people not think that tesoro are satisfied that their technology is as good as any other on the market.Tesoro engineers obviously look at other manufacturers machines and compare them to their own.Tesoro detectors have good depth,good discrim and have a fast response.The main problem here is advertising......companies coming out with new ideas and making us believe we need them to help us find targets.....most of these new ideas are frankly totally useless to us in a practical sense but are certainly good for the marketing men.People then look at tesoro machines and think they are getting left behind as far as features are concerned but in reality all tesoro are doing is sparing the detectorist the added expense of extra useless features.

Bobbylikesgold said:
Wow Sven you show off your modifications to older units :surprised: now be good boy & agree they need to incorporate their best into the orsome Tesoro Ha***an :clapping:

Smile ~ Sven you are a Great Detectorist !

Bobby .

LOL...............Tesoros are like customizable cars of yesteryear...........something you and I can still tinker with. I am just a person who likes to personalize things
to fit me and possibly others. So pleased to share my mods.
We all know Tesoro need some changes in their line-up to create the Super Tesoro. Maybe in our life time? Maybe not.
My post may have been taken the wrong way, meant to say, Tesoro doesn't really listen to us no matter how many times we post for
an improved model. Heck they won't even listen to Monte's suggestions...............I continue to use my Tesoros but, does stop me from
looking at other interesting detectors from around the world................can always try one outside the Tesoro box.....they just cost more $$$.
For my current type of detecting the Tesoros work great but, finding I grab my PI with the 7" coil more for coin, jewelry hunting parks and schoolyards, its not just a great beach machine.
Happy Hunting

smokey63 said:
I think Tesoro knows exactly where they want to be in the market. Also, look at the ratio of used Tesoro's that come available compared to all other brands. And when they do, they are snatched up pretty quick.:twodetecting:

Exactly ! I have used quite a few different detectors trying to find the one that suits my style of Hunting and always go back to Tesoro ! Have decided that tesoro is what works best for me and I only have the Umax sidewinder and just bought a another Shadow X2 made by Tesoro have a Minelab Colt which is an excellent detector as well but fixing to post it and sell it to buy me a newer Compadre with the small coil hopefully.Had a Tesoro Deleon one time really great machine would not mind having another someday will just watch til one pops up and affordable LOL!

I know that Tesoro can make the kind of detectors they want and what we say means very little but the one thing I truly don't understand is why they would make an all metal gb for the Cortes but not a disc gb. For the life of me it makes zero sense. I think sales would have soared had they done that. What benefit did they think would come from only having gb in all metal...it's absurd.