Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro

larox

Well, I think it must be the end of Tesoro. The web site is down. Not a good sign. I am bummed out! I would like to say thank you to all that made Tesoro he great company that it was. Best of luck to you Vince !

I was holding out hope another company would buy them out like First Texas did with Fisher. I think it still has enough following to make it profitable with a new ID machine or two.

That sticks. But they gave me a lot of enjoyment (still have them). Love to see it come back somehow, can't believe it wasn't bought. I think they could have switched over to a touch pad on a few machines years ago, that might have started a younger fan base and led to better things.

Still nothing better for hunting gold jewelry.
Visual or tone ID may be helpful for silver coin or clad coin hunting
but if you are after valuable gold jewelry they are of little use to me.

If only they could have spent some time marketing their ability
to hit on gold jewelry they may have faired better.

I enjoy hunting a new spot (park or school) and not digging many
coins. Usually means some sucker has cherry picked all the clad with
an ID machine. Leaving all the good jewelry targets for me to
hoover up amid the foul and tabs!!!!!!!!

Clad, zincons, post WWII nickels are all trash - face it - what can you buy with a POUND of coins - studies suggest that with normal distribution, that would be about 125 coins with a total value of about $12. Can you find 62 coins ah hour? If so, you make minimum wage.

Coinshooting is dead.

Relics and jewelry are the only interesting things left (unless you think you can find enough silver coins to keep you going). Guess what, Tesoro beep and dig machines are great on all that.

To bad the customers didn’t figure that out.

They sure like finding Canadian clad coins, since we don't have $1 bills up here, lots of $1 and $2 coins are lost every day. I usually clean them up at the days end and spend them.
And now that they did away with the penny......................

Man, Sven looks like a coin hunters paradise. Without the one dollar bill coinage use is enhanced. Unlike here in the States. Trying to choke all currency with plastic. Now if you guys had a few more Palm trees.

The "other side of the coin", so to speak, is that our clad coinage is now all steel-core. Most machines classify it as iron or give a really jumpy ID on it. A Tesoro with a concentric coil is one of the few set-ups I've found that hits on the clad while still rejecting iron and foil. Even then, to hit a clad coin on edge you have to reduce the disc below foil.

There have been persistent rumours that the $5 bill will also be replaced with a coin, but nothing has happened yet. I can only hope that such a coin will be a) small and b) highly conductive :)

-Ken

Sven said:
They sure like finding Canadian clad coins, since we don't have $1 bills up here, lots of $1 and $2 coins are lost every day. I usually clean them up at the days end and spend them.
And now that they did away with the penny......................

Man I wish we had loons and toons in the states.
We have $1 coins but they never seem to circulate much in my area.
In 5 years I’ve found 3 old silver half dollars and only 1 modern $1 coin.
On the other side of things I have got 10-12 old Susan B Anthony $1 coins
in change from foreign convenience store clerks......they seem to
commonly mistake them for quarters!!! Give a dollar bill for a 74 cent
candy bar and get a susan b and a penny back. LOL

I'm looking for a Tesoro Royal Sabre. Will purchase or trade for a one year old Garrett's Seahunter ll (used 7 times) or an unused Tesoro Compadre with 7" and 8" Coils. Respond here or email me at: WillRohan806@gmail.com. T.I.A. WILL
''