Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tesoros 7" widescan vs the 8.5" widescan coil

I've heard many good things about the 7" coil but not much on the 8.5. Does anyone have experience using both these coils? Would like to know which one is better. About how much deeper would the 8 go compared to the 7"? I'm thinking of putting one of these on my compadre.

When I purchased the original Eldorado back in the latter 80's it came equipped with the 8.5" widescan coil. At the time I was stationed in Nevada dabbling with nugget shooting and coin/relic hunting so it was better suited for the mineralized soil out there. A short time later I picked up the 7" widescan and a 4" concentric coil for hunting tighter/trashier areas. To be honest with you I don't really think you will see that much difference in depth between the two just a little more coverage with the 8.5". I've used widescan coils a lot in Nevada and Arizona mainly to deal with the more mineralized soil out there but here in SE Texas(mild soil) I much prefer concentric coils. Everybody has their own preference though and having confidence in whatever you use will make you more successful. Best of luck out there.....HH and HH!

Randy

I use the 7'' Widescan on my Silver Sabre 11 but have never used the larger 8.5'' Widescan coil,must admit i am not really keen on the Widescan coils as i find they are much heavier than the Concentric coil,the WS may be a very good coil but i mainly use the stock 8'' concentric and the 4'' coil on both of my Tesoro based detectors as my other machine was built by Tesoro but for the UK market under the name of Laser.

May try using the 7'' WS coil again in the new year on a few roman sites that have alot of trash on the sites and i feel the Tesoro machines come into play on these types of sites as the discrimination in my opinion is one of the best features of these machines especially when using a concentric coil.

Cannot comment about the larger 8.5'' WS coil as i have never tried one,if one came along at the right price i may be tempted to try,but my No1 coil that i am still after is the 7'' Concentric 5 pin coil,rare to see these days as folks dont tend to sell them.