Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro's New Detector

BarberBill

I'm not one that has written often about Tesoro's silence on what the newest machine will be, nor do I blame them for taking time to really work it over to avoid prematurely putting it on the market. However, that said, we've just passed the first of August and the summer detecting season is getting closer to winding down so it seems to me they are letting the peak selling period go down the tubes rather than taking advantage. JMHO
BB

Well, maybe It'll make a great Christmas present to give yourself... Im hoping the release is very soon too, but a present under the tree for me would be cool also...I do hope its worth the wait and not a repackaged unit again.

Mark ( ohio )

well, i think they may as well wait until next march or april. for us in the north, i live in maine, it will stink getting it for christmas. then having to wait 4-5 months to use the damn thing. in the spring after the ground is thawed, you can get right out and use it. im not going to rush right out and get one anyway. my vaquero works well. i just agree with some others. tesoro probably should have waited until they were closer to putting it out before the whole name thing came about. but hey, i really dont care one way or the other. hope it does well for their business though.

My (Relic) detecting season is coming up during the fall and winter when the snakes stop crawling. Tesoro is taking their time to make a machine that's going to be good and won't have to be recalled within a week or two of being shipped out to us.

BarberBill said:
I'm not one that has written often about Tesoro's silence on what the newest machine will be, nor do I blame them for taking time to really work it over to avoid prematurely putting it on the market. However, that said, we've just passed the first of August and the summer detecting season is getting closer to winding down so it seems to me they are letting the peak selling period go down the tubes rather than taking advantage. JMHO
BB

I'm just getting ready to windup because the cooler temps are ahead.:detecting: This Summer heat is the pits. I've tried numerous different makes and brands of detectors, most were later releases than my Tesoros, but they weren't any better than my Tesoro detectors. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. I think we all are going to pleasantly surprised at what Tesoro releases. I hope they take their sweet time and get it right, because it's going to take a lot to out do what they already have.

tabman

88junior said:
My (Relic) detecting season is coming up during the fall and winter when the snakes stop crawling. Tesoro is taking their time to make a machine that's going to be good and won't have to be recalled within a week or two of being shipped out to us.

:super: :jump:

I hope they take their sweet time and get it right, because it's going to take a lot to out do what they already have.

tabman[/quote]i agree

Tesoro's marketing dept is really not ready for" Prime Time". Do the name thing......... excitement created..... then produce nothing..... don't bother with cummunication.....excitement turns into endless disapointment.........................you call this successful marketing???? Marketing dept in someone's basement rec room!!!!!

tabman said:
BarberBill said:
BB

I'm just getting ready to windup because the cooler temps are ahead.:detecting: This Summer heat is the pits. I've tried numerous different makes and brands of detectors, most were later releases than my Tesoros, but they weren't any better than my Tesoro detectors. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. I think we all are going to pleasantly surprised at what Tesoro releases. I hope they take their sweet time and get it right, because it's going to take a lot to out do what they already have.

tabman
Wow Tabman, you really go through the detectors. I don't see the de Leon on your list of detectors anymore. Have you already got rid of it? If so, what didn't you like about it?

kansa54 said:
tabman said:
BarberBill said:
BB

tabman
Wow Tabman, you really go through the detectors. I don't see the de Leon on your list of detectors anymore. Have you already got rid of it? If so, what didn't you like about it?

No, I still have it. My signature got messed up somehow and I can't correct it for some reason.

It's always detecting season somewhere in the world!
I'm enjoying myself with what I use.
I was chatting with my dog the other day and she gave me some good advice.
Being the smart pup she is I asked her where she was, and she replied "HERE."
So I asked her what time it was, and she replied "NOW." These are loose translations mind you, as I had to sift through a lot of barking and tail wagging to figure it out. But you get the idea...

I try to avoid the temptation of believing that upon release of a new detector that the great magical switch in the sky gets flipped and instantly all other detectors become obsolete and useless, suddenly unable to find anything. I do the best I can , striving to do be the best dectorist I can with the machines I have.
That's not to say I'm not excited about the prospect of a new Tesoro, because I am.
When it comes I will be ready.
In the meantime me and the pooch will be too busy enjoying life as I keep her words in mind.
Life's too short to worry about the future, let alone the Cazador.
Let's have fun!

Everybody needs to take a chill pill and wait. Think about it for a minute, VLF technology is about as far as it can go and has been there for a long time now. Whatever they come out with will be VLF with some new and fancy features- just like everybody else. Some will like it, some will not. Tesoro doesn't have the engineering staff all these big places do, it will take some time, so settle down and go detecting. Will it be deeper than a Tejon? Doubtful, the Tejon is about as deep as VLF gets. Will it like silver better than a Deleon? Maybe if it is a lower freq., and that is just a maybe. Probably will have more than tone, that I really expect. Bottom line is it will be a Tesoro with some new awaited features, and the point is what you already have will and does work just fine.

My advice, quit stirring the pot and go detecting. When it gets here, it gets here.

Rainyday101 said:
Everybody needs to take a chill pill and wait. Think about it for a minute, VLF technology is about as far as it can go and has been there for a long time now. Whatever they come out with will be VLF with some new and fancy features- just like everybody else. Some will like it, some will not. Tesoro doesn't have the engineering staff all these big places do, it will take some time, so settle down and go detecting. Will it be deeper than a Tejon? Doubtful, the Tejon is about as deep as VLF gets. Will it like silver better than a Deleon? Maybe if it is a lower freq., and that is just a maybe. Probably will have more than tone, that I really expect. Bottom line is it will be a Tesoro with some new awaited features, and the point is what you already have will and does work just fine.

My advice, quit stirring the pot and go detecting. When it gets here, it gets here.

And that's what I am doing... Went out last evening with the Golden uMax, old tones and found almost $5 in clad and another Merc, my second for the season, a nice example of the 1937 variety!

Like most have already expressed, I hope the Caz has tones, GB, low frequency and the 8 AA battery power/depth of the Tejon and Deleon to find those deeper silver coins.

I'd have to agree with you pretty much what you've said. Maybe they are looking at Christmas.
Pap

Pap said:
I'd have to agree with you pretty much what you've said. Maybe they are looking at Christmas.
Pap

How ya' doing Pap ? I haven't seen one of your post's in quite a while . It's good to see an old familiar name from way back . Yeah , a Christmas release would be good for the guys in the nice weather and a chance for the folks in the bad weather areas to see how the good weather guys are doing . Hard to speculate though as no clues are
leaking out .

[size=medium]It's just a dream. There is no new Tesoro. The Caz is a figment of your imagination.[/size]

s01_0101_01_130799752934___CC___685x385.jpg