Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Test Failed

grumpyolman

This is one small little area that I use for testing both new equipment and improving my listening skills. I was in the water five minutes and the shaft to the scoop failed. I think I took about 3 stabs at the bottom before the handle let go. Nothing wrong with the scoop itself. In fact, I know it cleared itself from muck much faster than my other scoop. And it also doesn't hurt that it's so much lighter that I don't think I'll need one of the adjustable after market handles. I only had one chance to remove a target from the scoop itself and it might take a bit to get used to the target coming out of the scoop. It wasn't easy to put a finger on the target to drag it along inside of the scoop towards the opening. It seems the hole pattern has some raised area on the inside and it kind of works like trying to move your feet through tall grass.
But...this was a brief, brief try with it. I think the 'other' one will now be relegated to back up position. Today I work on putting a different handle the store owner 'exchanged' for the original. No charge and a more expensive handle. Sometimes it's really nice to work with home grown store owners. jim

Looking forward to hearing about the handle that works!
Thanks for posting the information.

keep us posted..
goodluck
john

n/t

Reminds me of when I was in school, test, failed. There were three things that kept me out of medical school, grades 10, 11 ,12 other than that i might be a surgeon.

Read the posts at the top and it explains where it can be purchased. Briefly...Ukraine, Stavr, Western Union money transfer, $160 scoop, Western Union fee $25, arrives in a box via priority US mail (and the only writing you can read on the box is your address), signature required, took me a little less than 2 weeks to get it. Tracking did not work for me. However, I have never been able to get USPS mail tracking to work from any shipper. UPS always works. Stavr responsed to every inquiry. From the West Coast, Stavr is 10 hours ahead of our time. The scoop is really light, drains fast, and looks bullett proof. I won't get to really test it till later this week. Will give a report and pictures. Also quite a lot of talk about the handle in above posts. Anything else PM me if you like. jim