Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

test garden test !

dougmanning

i got my digger coil today ; took it to my test garden. would not hit the 8'' dime ! had the sens. set up two 28 ; the 10.5 7 1/2'' hit it better than any other coil ! the 9'' 7.5 was the next best. the 10''x 5'' 18.75 would hit also ! the 6''x 18.75 would not hit it ; i will take it out to the parks and see how it does. my test garden is not very old so that might be the problem; my soil is testing around 33 on the 70 ! most of the sliver i find here is 7'' to 12'' . i also used an explorer ! i find sliver most every time out! i still have a lot of faith in the digger , i will let you guys know how i like it after a few days in the field ! Doug

Doug, you got to keep in mind that it's a 6" coil trying to find a dime 8" deep, that's getting to that coils outer limits. also it's a DD coil which works best in hotter ground and you say your GB numbers are 33 which is getting on the mild side. Here's something to try, set your GB and then push the + key 2 or three times and then see if it will find that dime. Also make sure your swing speed is no faster then a 3 to 4 sec speed. One more thing, set your volume on your MDer at max and your head phones as loud as you can. A 8" dime most times is only going to be a whisper....

thanks mark ; my 10 x5 18.75 will id it , plus it will high tone it too ! i had the 705 for two years and found a lot of old coins and relics with it, so i am right at home with the 70 ! i am going to used the digger a lot and i have high hopes for it ; i just thought it would match the 10x5 on a dime in my test garden ! the 10x5 is a dd also, i bet it will hit the old silver in trash hard ! i will let you know how it does, and how i like it ! thanks Doug

As Mark said, it would have a faint hit on 8", you are losing 4'' off coil size and that will have a drop in depth respectively. I would definitely try what Mark said and raise the ground balance higher, maybe 40's and see if it will pick it up. Being a DD and 3khz, it should be able to reach the dime, but you may have to just think that the quarter at 8" will be more of a primary target.

i took the digger out to the test garden again today ; soil tested 30 on ground balance ! put it in all metal , put on my gray ghost headphones,i could hear the high tone from both swings when the coil was flat on the ground! i always used pattern 1 with knowing notch out ! the all metal button is deeper on the 70, just by a little bit ! i do swing slow and low ! on both of my detectors ! the digger is a nice coil ! if i was a coin hunter, i would sure get one !! thanks Doug

That's good to hear. I had a feeling that you would be able to pick up that dime with the 6" digger coil if you had everything setup right and that goes for any coil your using.

nice cleanup. glad to hear the digger worked nicely. HH Doug