Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Test of 3D Triple Discrimination Modification

Bleaver

I've posted information on my 3D Triple Discrimination Modifications before. This time I was fortunate enough to have a 3rd party try it out and post on youtube. You can view the test by clicking HERE.

Over the past couple of years I've posted details on this mod on this sites Modification Forum.

I was not able to get the mod to work on the Current Tesoro Silver Sabre. If I ever find a cheap on to play with again I'll give it another go.

I've been successful performing this mod on the following machines:
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Vaquero
Troy X2

yep very kool :biggrin: can you make it so up is hit a zinc and down is hit a zinc , so basically it will tell you if its a zinc? from flicking it up and down can it get that specific?

AJ

I can set the upper toggle position to either
1) reject zinc and accept all higher items, which is how I set it up for me.
2) Or, the upper toggle to accept all targets including zinc and above.

And the lower toggle position is set to id nickles.

The mod is basically equivalent to a manually operated, single tone, golden sabre.

Bleaver said:
I've posted information on my 3D Triple Discrimination Modifications before. This time I was fortunate enough to have a 3rd party try it out and post on youtube. You can view the test by clicking HERE.

Over the past couple of years I've posted details on this mod on this sites Modification Forum.

I was not able to get the mod to work on the Current Tesoro Silver Sabre. If I ever find a cheap on to play with again I'll give it another go.

I've been successful performing this mod on the following machines:
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Vaquero
Troy X2

I own the X2 that Bleaver added and will never part with it. Its been 100% correct every time I really enjoy using it . I am trying to find a Silver Sabre µmax to see if he will mod it for me as well hint hint

When I first started detecting in the late 80's with a Tesoro I would always "thumb the disc" to see where the targets would cancel out before digging. I learned a lot about metal detecting by doing this and later started setting disc at minimum digging signals strictly by audio response while trying not to thumb the disc. Sometimes old habits are hard to break. Ha! In the later 90's I purchased the Troy Shadow X2 and really liked and used the coin check feature but only used it as a quick check to guess the target range of signal. Most of the places I hunt are older so I accept zinc as not to miss Indians as you stated. I like your detector set-up versus the different frequency configuration but maybe that's just because it more fits my style of hunting!

Did you do a tone mod too?
My cibola doesn't sound that high.
Wouldn't let me comment on the video and ask.