Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

-Test run on the Minuteman........

James/Washington

This is a hunt that I just had to post. Not that it is something special, but to show how well an entry level detector can and does work. I didn't think I would find much on this hunt. I didn't have a loaner detector. That is, one that I wouldn't be hesitant about loaning out. I wanted something reasonable in price but effective in finding good targets, such as clad. I did my homework and checked out just about every model and make of detector looking for one that might work. What I decided on was the Teknetics Minuteman. To say I am pleased with the ability, build, performance and price of this wonderful detector would be an understatement! I have had many entry level detectors over the years, but none has the abilities of this jewel and especially for the price of $149.00! I would defiantly, without hesitation, recommend this detector for anyone just getting into the hobby or for someone that would like a good loaner detector. For this 'test' I went to a newer local park that I have hunted many times but keeps giving. The only thing I did differently was to dig all the zink penny signals. I notch them out on my main detector. I was quite surprised at how many zink pennies that I have passed over and the Minuteman really hit well on them. It loves all coins for sure!
23u8oaw.jpg

I totally agree. I used to have a Minuteman for a loaner. I gave it to a 12 year old relative for Christmas. They love it. I may have to get another one.

Jeff

+2:thumbup:

It is all that an entry level detector should be...low price, simple to use, light weight, and deep enough to find silver. Plus a 5 year warranty.

Great finds James for your first time out with the Minuteman.

With the stock 8" concentric coil the Minuteman weighs 2 lbs 4 ounces. If a really short person or child uses it you can take out the middle rod and it weighs 2 pounds. That is approaching XP Deus/Orx numbers. Even an older guy like me can swing it for hours with no fatigue. I used mine for quick grab and go hunts and for areas where I didn't feel comfortable using a mid-level and upwards in value detector for urban and suburban crime reasons. Great for storing in the car. It's $149 with free shipping from FTP!!!!!! It seriously IDs well down to 6" or more even in bad mineralization. I have owned and sold lots of mid range detectors that can't do that in moderate to high mineralization. FTP definitely tweaked the ground balance range and some other filtering in this detector. It is hot like an Omega but has solid ID like the F19 and the G2+. It is like having a Compadre or a Silver microMax with a big target ID screen, depth meter, pinpoint, iron volume, sensitivity, discrimination and 3 tones...........and it doesn't have gimmicks and treat you like a baby by using target bins, flashing lights, or word guesses to alert you to what might be under the coil. It makes you learn the tones and numbers.

Jeff