Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tested Cibola in my coin garden today

obolusman

I have several items buried nickles tabs nails quarters dimes silver half dollar and silver quarter.
First I just bought this used form metal detectors of minneapolis and let me say this.
there is not a mark on it. Just like he said.
OK the Cibola picked up everything up to 8" but the silver half dollar 10" and the quarter 10" was a no go.
where even if I power tuned it or turned up the sensitivity all the way No go.
push the pinpoint button and back off the threshold and I could Just barely pick it up and I would not dig that signal.
funny thing is it picked up everything with the threshold set at about 10 oclock and the sensitivity at between 3 &4 nice and clear but turning it up all the way made no difference for the extra 2 " on the Half dollar.
Oh well maybe I can trade it in on something with maybe another $150 and see what I can get.

did you max out the threshold too or just the sens? full throttle on the threshold makes a difference on the deep stuff. could be ground conditions too. mine will hit big coins at 10"

Yes they were maxed out.
my soil is mild.
When I had the fisher F5 it said the soil read 68-72 which is mild.I had a Cibola before and in air I think some coins measured 12" I know when I tured it upall the way it didn't make that much of a difference.
It did some but like I said just barely,barely picked up the 10"coin when setting it in silent with the threshold turned to about 10 oclock and the sensitivity between three and four-it found everything loud and clear up to eight inches.
clear as a bell.
I will put it up in the forum.probably
Wonder If I can pull the cover and turn the GB pot.?
Obolusman

Obolusman said:
Wonder If I can pull the cover and turn the GB pot.?

The GB trimmer is the only trimmer on the board. It is surface mount, small and needs to be adjusted carefully. Easy to over shoot adjustments and don't go after it with a big screwdriver. An insulated adjustment tool is best. You don't want to press hard and flex the board or turn it against the stops. For most hunting conditions the best compromise is just a little positive in the areas that most represent your most prevalent hunting ground.

Obolusman said:
the Cibola picked up everything up to 8" but the silver half dollar 10" and the quarter 10" was a no go

A spot on ground balance might get you those, they are at the limit for the Cibola in the best conditions. The Cibola and Tejon ( and I presume Vaquero although I have not had a Vaq in my hands) hit deeper on the nickle and lead range than on similar size copper or silver. The Tejon is deeper than the Cibola, across the board.
Cheers,
tvr

Hi-i brought it in and compared it to Sven's air test report and it is right on the money
SOOOoooooooo it is up for sale and once again I am on my journey to get the tejon,

also by the way I had a small metal tape measure and it measured 23" so I would say it would be a good relic machine.

OK I have to tell the truth.
I was not wearing headphones yesterday but went out today and it picked everything out and I found that if you get a clipped response and then sweep the coil very slowly over the target it comes through loud and clear like a horn.really good performance.
I knew it was better than the way it tested before without headphones.
I didnt think I would need them in the coin garden,-That tells you what my hearing is like.
only one other thing I noticed.
I went to a spot where I new a memorial penny was about two inches down-I threw it there when they cut down a dead pine tree,
It would not disc out.
even all the way up it still came through loud and clear.
My entire back yard is a target zone,

I don't have experience with anything but a tejon. My tejon will disc out zinc pennies. I've read that gold can be in the zinc penny range so I often dig them.

But dang, it is always just like my tejon said... zinc. One of these times I hope to find some gold there, but so far all my gold has been more around the nickel zone.

I disconnected the speaker to draw less attention to myself. Headphones are the only way to go IMO.

The tejon is not too good at coins close to or on the surface. A very close zinc will give a clicky iffy signal, but disc out cleanly if it is down a couple of inches.

I;m trying to get a tejon, if I can't get one soon then I will pick my next favorite and I hate to say it here but the X-terra 70.
I will try for a few more days and thats all.