Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

testimony of toughness

Ed Steinhoff

This post isn't about a great find but about a potential disaster turned great relief.
I recently took a vacation trip in a 34 ft motor home. Three metal detectors were packed side by side in a small belly compartment in the right front side of the motor home.
We left at 3 am (or dark thirty) and drove app 10 miles when one of the happy holidayers realized we had left vital papers at home! so of coruse nothing would have it but an immediate return to the starting point necessitated a u-turn and a rapid drive back. Upon retrieving the forgotten papers it was discovered that the side door had popped open and two of the three detectors were missing. Knowing how light built some machines seem to be, where an accidental drop or tip over can be a cause for concern, it was with sinking heart that I backed out of the driveway onto the gravel county road to begin a search by headlights for the awol detectors. By the way the three were a whites vi3, a fisher f-70 and a bounty hunter tracker IV.
All had an equal chance of falling out but it was the bounty hunter and the f-70 that were missing! As I was entertaining dark thoughts about the whites jealous rage, pushing the lesser but just as capable machines out the door, there a quarter of a mile back up the road, looming in the headlights on the right track of the road was my f-70!
Fearing the worst I stopped and after examining for damage was only able to see three new scratches on the side of the coil! Turned it on and beep beep goes the machines no ill side effects noticed since!
The search continued for the lowly tracker IV and as the miles slowly went by the hope of finding it intact diminished.
Finally there it was, it had been the first to go, 6 miles away on the paved county highway at app 60 miles per hour! Damage was restricted to some scratches on the side of the "muffler" and it cheerily beep beeped on start up! Both machines are operating as well as ever!
Both machines took an impact far exceeding any normal dropping or bumping they might receive in the field with no ill effects! GOOD JOB FIRST TEXAS!!
HH Ed in co.

Glad you got them back & in working order Ed.-----I've seen 'em thrown in the water--and I've seen 'em run over with a vehicle---even seen one burned up with fire.------But this is a first for me--hearing about a couple getting "thrown out" at 60 mph!:biggrin:

I'm glad everything turned out OK. Those V3i's don't play well with others and they're smart enough to open an RV storage compartment door.

I guess can quit worrying about when my detector spills over on its side when I laid it down to dig a plug or a few rain drops get on it. Great story there Ed, thanks for sharing.

If that had happened to me, I would have had a heart attack. I'm glad that you got your machines back. I think the V3i needs a time out!