Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Testing The New 8.5 x 11 DD Coil On The Ace 250

Thanks for all the reports. Nice to c u got all these personal results about the DD coil. That is an extensive test. That is a great comparison . Thanks .

I have been real curious as to how that new coil would perform on the ACE 250. I would say your results exceeded my expectations, and you maxed your sensitivity at only 6, with 4 more increments to go. Jolly good in my books. Thanks for doing such as extensive comparison test. Your results are as good as some machines costing over 2 x the amount as the ACE series detectors.

Mmmmm, wifey has been asking me what I want for Christmas

John-Edmonton said:
I have been real curious as to how that new coil would perform on the ACE 250. I would say your results exceeded my expectations, and you maxed your sensitivity at only 6, with 4 more increments to go. Jolly good in my books. Thanks for doing such as extensive comparison test. Your results are as good as some machines costing over 2 x the amount as the ACE series detectors.

Mmmmm, wifey has been asking me what I want for Christmas

Hi John

I have to agree, that I was very pleased with the results of my initial tests. The only reason that I only went as far as 6 on the sensitivity, was due to electrical interference in the house. As I mentioned in my report, the DD coil is more susceptible to this kind of interference. But this should not be a problem out in the field, and I am hoping to use higher settings.

PS. Please apologize to wifey, if I have increased here Christmas spending budget.

Kind Regards Tarot (Bob)

Thanks for posting those test results. Very interesting. I love the fact that the new search coils are made so much lighter. I wish Garrett's would revamp their 10"x14" DD search coils with that lighter epoxy. That would be awesome. My better half has been using that 8"x6" SEF Butterfly on her Ace here lately with some nice results. Impressive depth and better stability.
Thanks again!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)

Ahhh Haaa..that's what I have been waiting for. I fully intend to have one of those coils on my 250 before next season starts and that just confirms what I had ben hoping for. I like the increase in depth. I seldom find a good target deeper than about 6 inches. Maybe that will change now.

MrGee

thanks for thr report > the dd is gonna be my next purchase for my ace 250 indeed.

Coil Test Update

Hi Everyone

When I wrote the original report, I did not have the coil cover for the new DD coil. The covers have just become available, and I can now update the weight comparison (With a surprising result !!).

CC01-L.jpg

Firstly all of the weights shown in grams are very accurate, but some of the conversions to ounces have been rounded up or down. In the original report the weight of the 8.5