Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Testing

fltacoma

Hello all,

My name is Daniel Ramseur, and I am currently employed in the United States Air Force and going on 17 years as an E-6 (TSgt). I work in the Munitions Systems Technology field in what we call in the USAF as the "Bomb Dump", or munitions depot as the other branches aptly name it. I am married to my wonderful wife Amanda for over six years and have a son and a daughter named Benjamin (who is six) and Caitlin (who is 10 months old). I seemingly have many hobbies, but the ones that I focus on are coin collecting, banknote collecting, metal detecting, and riding my Harley Electra Glide police model. Aside from having to take this mandatory course as one of many core classes, I am also looking forward to seeing the different view points on research methodology and proper analysis of writing techniques. I hope to gain more of a broadening insight of the inner workings of Transportation and Logistics Management that can be directly applied to the course objectives that will be discussed further on during this course (it will help further along during obtaining my Bachelors degree).

For this week's reading by Paul Lynch, I absolutely do believe that he makes his case on more than one occasion that I read and poses alternatives that are more "lively and challenging". He accomplished this by seemingly upending the usual "five paragraph essay with a topic and conclusion" that many, if not all of us taking this class are accustomed to since we started school. Seemingly, once a person becomes familiar with the effective structure of writing a simple 3-5 page paper (picking a topic, seeking three pieces of information and backing it up/affirming it with citations from scholarly individuals, and concluding it with a simple and yet logical wrap up) anyone can do it in their sleep. I absolutely believe that we can break away and seek other forms of relaying information on a personal level! Would I take his class? You betcha I would! It is imperative to think outside the humdrum classical composition since the 16th century. I would be interested to see his varying way of thinking to see how different styles of writing can help an individual write a more persuasive type of paper, or on the other hand, an argumentative type.

Hello all,

My name is Daniel Ramseur, and I am currently employed in the United States Air Force and going on 17 years as an E-6 (TSgt). I work in the Munitions Systems Technology field in what we call in the USAF as the "Bomb Dump", or munitions depot as the other branches aptly name it. I am married to my wonderful wife Amanda for over six years and have a son and a daughter named Benjamin (who is six) and Caitlin (who is 10 months old). I seemingly have many hobbies, but the ones that I focus on are coin collecting, banknote collecting, metal detecting, and riding my Harley Electra Glide police model. Aside from having to take this mandatory course as one of many core classes, I am also looking forward to seeing the different view points on research methodology and proper analysis of writing techniques. I hope to gain more of a broadening insight of the inner workings of Transportation and Logistics Management that can be directly applied to the course objectives that will be discussed further on during this course (it will help further along during obtaining my Bachelors degree).

For this week's reading by Paul Lynch, I absolutely do believe that he makes his case on more than one occasion that I read and poses alternatives that are more "lively and challenging". He accomplished this by seemingly upending the usual "five paragraph essay with a topic and conclusion" that many, if not all of us taking this class are accustomed to since we started school. Seemingly, once a person becomes familiar with the effective structure of writing a simple 3-5 page paper (picking a topic, seeking three pieces of information and backing it up/affirming it with citations from scholarly individuals, and concluding it with a simple and yet logical wrap up) anyone can do it in their sleep. I absolutely believe that we can break away and seek other forms of relaying information on a personal level! Would I take his class? You betcha I would! It is imperative to think outside the humdrum classical composition since the 16th century. I would be interested to see his varying way of thinking to see how different styles of writing can help an individual write a more persuasive type of paper, or on the other hand, an argumentative type.

My major field of study as stated above is related to Transportation and Logistics Management. I would have to say that the five that could relate would be coin collecting, going to the book store to read magazines on motorcycles and/or information about coins, TV shows about history, discussing politics, and firearms.

From what I could consider relating Trans and Logistics to the five topics could be something like this:

1. Coin collecting can be related to my degree by ways of how raw items can be shipped in a timely manner to the U.S. Mints in order to meet demand.

2. Going to the bookstore to browse the items that would have to meet production times in order for the consumer to be up to date on news and relevant information.

3. On the aspect on TV Shows about history, a person could relate that to both areas of study to say, the beach invasions during Omaha, Utah, Juno, and Sword for the logistical nightmare undertaking that was.

4. Political conversations can be tied to the logistical aspect by way of getting the vote out through grassroots operations.

5. Lastly, firearms can be discussed by way of ITAR (International Trade And Regulation), and stocking of firearms from a cradle-to-grave aspect of manufacture to dealer shelves.

what does the class think?

Reactions: BW
I…uh….ummmm….don’t quite understand? Is this…like…in the wrong section? Or something? What is this?