Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Texas Beach

txrpls

I'm heading for the Texas Beach (Corpus Christi Area) and I'm leaving the E-trac at home. Does anyone have any advice for the V3 on the beach? Should I just use the factory beach program with no modifications?

Take a few TEST coins and do a test just to see how the V3 works in your area. I had a hard time with pinpointing. I had to bump up the ALL METAL setting from 55 to 70. I am still adjusting this with other coils.

If while you swing the coil you get a NULL/no sound...take the coil and re-swing the same area from the other direction!
Some times that NULL will cover a good target;-)

The V3 should work fine from the wet to the dry area.

Good Luck
Jerry

Bottle Caps!

Play with a few caps. Try to see if you can tell a cap from a coin in the Analise screen.

The stock--> Salt Beach program is set to 0. = You will get a hit on most caps. Bump the setting to 10 and the sound will NOT be good like a coin sound. It will kind of break up as the coil is passed over the target.

You make the CALL: CAP or COIN
Then scoop it and see. I hope you have a scoop. Makes things better;-)

Jerry

Bottle Cap Rejection

Read: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,963460,963599

Jerry

Corpus Christi beaches are my home turf.
I use a White's V3 there also.
The coin and jewelry program will do just fine in the dry sand.
In the wet stuff you might want to switch to the salt beach program but your V3 will work well here.

There is a small Public beach area in front of the Holiday Inn downtown (Emerald Beach) and you can park on the south end of the hotel parking lot for easy access. That small beach attaches to a much larger beach that runs along Ocean Drive.
Lots of opportunity there as all the beaches here are public.

Across the bridge on North Beach the hot spot is from the Raddison Inn to the Lexington but there is a lot of beach there to the north also.
Some very good finds have been made there.

Out on the Island there are miles and miles of beach all the way to Port Aransas.
Just dont hunt on Padre Island or the Mustang Island State Park ... no detectors allowed there.
A very popular area with the young crowd is the J B Luby surf park just north of the Packery Channel jetty.
Always lots of beach and party activity there.
Plenty of motels and condos on the beach to the south from there.

Dont forget that the fishing is also excellent around here.

I will be home by June 17th ... call me and I will go beach hunting with you.
Have an Excalibur or BeachHunter ID and scoops if you feel the urge to get wet.

William Lee
Corpus Christi, Texas.
361-563-1303

William, thanks for the information. We have a house out on the island and I would very much like to hunt with you and learn the V3. I would definitely like to try the water hunting. I have been testing near the Sand Piper and the Seagull.

Mark
210-896-3384
San Antonio