Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TEXAS HEAT WAVE AND NO CENTRAL A/C....

John(H)

.... We have been having temp.'s soaring like 100 degrees and up and our central a/c stopped working on Saturday! Central A/C's are not cheap so we had to scramble to raise the money and then we had to do the same thing on finding an A/C service company who could fit us in to their very busy work schedule's! Yeah....today the a/c company is coming to install the new central a/c unit!!! Needless to say we have all been melting around here....at night it is so hot that it is hard to sleep....but God is good....He got us through all of this!! Keep us in your prayers....my grand daughter is visiting us for the summer and she is from Michigan and is not use to all of the high humidity and heat....she had nose bleeds for the first few days....and then our a/c goes out!! We do not need any health problems because of the heat factor.....thanks for your prayers in advance!

I seen it has been in the triple digits down there. Where in MI is your grand daughter from? Hey if you move up here you can beat the heat! Praying here.

Sorry to hear about no A/C during this hot, hot and humid weather! Sure will pray for the weather to cool down and give everyone relief and for your new A/C to be installed quickly and to work greatly! Mine is working so far and I keep it on 80 with the ceiling fan going, so not the coolest but it does keep me comfortable most of the time, unless I work up a sweat and that don't happen very often, because I am still unable to do much moving around and when I do, it is slow going! Smile!

Dear Father in Heaven, Please move on those who are suffering from the heat, everywhere, and help them to have cooler weather and working A/C wherever they can have it and be able to use it! We know the weather is under your control and we Thank You for Your comforting help in our everyday living upon this old sinful earth and pray that each person knows that You are the Almighty God in Whom all things are possible, if we will just faithfully believe when we pray! I ask and pray this in the name of Your blessed Son, Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
I seen it has been in the triple digits down there. Where in MI is your grand daughter from? Hey if you move up here you can beat the heat! Praying here.
Mike....she is from Grand Ledge, Michigan. I have been up there about 3 times in the last 7 years or so! Long trip from Texas....I think that it was around 2200 miles one way....with 2 drivers it took us about 2 days to get there! That is without vacation stops. Been to the caves in Mo. where Jesse and Frank James eluded the posses a few times! And stopped in Metropolis, Illinois ...the true home of Superman! It has a 25 foot tall statue of Superman in front of city hall !! And there is also a statue of Lois Lane in the city! Interesting museum of Superman memorabilia is also in the area!

I know right where it is. The VP in our club lives there. 2200 miles might have been a round trip as it's only 1270 from there to Houston. As for Chicago, you can have it! :lmfao:

PTL, for giving mankind brains to invent the A/C, for we would be miserable without it in these days and times! We never had A/C or even a fan on the farm...just endured the circumstances of the heat and the cold...did have an old wood burning heating stove that needed to be started in the mornings and fed wood all day...chopped and hauled in wood for it, so always something to do on a farm even for the wood burning cook stove! After married, we had a window fan in the 60's and didn't have an A/C until 1968 when we moved to a newer home! Haven't had A/C in my car since about 2005 or 6 and driving it since my brother passed away in 2007 and still using it! I am still living and so I know that a person or persons can survive without A/C, although more difficult to do in the home! Glad you have A/C now Joe...once used to it, it is sure difficult to do without it! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Missouri--Ma Betty said:
PTL, for giving mankind brains to invent the A/C, for we would be miserable without it in these days and times! We never had A/C or even a fan on the farm...just endured the circumstances of the heat and the cold...did have an old wood burning heating stove that needed to be started in the mornings and fed wood all day...chopped and hauled in wood for it, so always something to do on a farm even for the wood burning cook stove! After married, we had a window fan in the 60's and didn't have an A/C until 1968 when we moved to a newer home! Haven't had A/C in my car since about 2005 or 6 and driving it since my brother passed away in 2007 and still using it! I am still living and so I know that a person or persons can survive without A/C, although more difficult to do in the home! Glad you have A/C now Joe...once used to it, it is sure difficult to doe without it! God Bless! :angel: Ma
........Ma Betty....I had a similar experience growing up.... I grew up in a big 4 bedroom house with 4 siblings and our parents....No A/C till I was out of high school...all we had was window fans....not sure how we did it now thinking about it!! Well...we were a lot younger and my dad had built the house with a lot of trees for shade close to the house...these days most of the shade trees are cut down! Old age...diabetic...and overweight does not help!! God Bless!!

Yes, we were younger but our parents weren't and they survived without A/C, too! If we opened the bedroom windows, but leaving lights off (because of the bugs coming through the screens), it was cooler at night but could hear the peep frogs, the owls and night noises which did seem to sing us to sleep....after cooling off enough to sleep! How thankful I am, though, for A/C now, for with my illnesses it would be very difficult to breathe and move without it! Also, glad I have an indoor bathroom to go to by my having to visit it so often! :lol: Always something to be thankful for! God Bless! :angel: Ma