Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Texas Lions Camp for Cripple Children visit...

A

Anonymous

Folks it is that time again that many of us have been waiting all year for,our annual visit to the Texas Lions Camp for Cripple Children in Kerrville,Texas. For everyone that has been there, it is an experience they love to do and promotes our hobby in it's finest. All the camp employees look forward to our coming each year. We also teach the employees how to use a metal detector so they may continue this activity for all the children that visit the camp through the year.
On our visits every June, we take time to see every child and show them how to become a treasure hunter by using a metal detector whatever their handicap may be. We even show the children bound to a wheelchair how to detect and dig from that chair, so that after the Camp they may be able to purchase a detector and enjoy a great receational sport that they have learn to do when they seldom can enjoy another sports other kids enjoy.
This year our dates for visiting the Camp is June 9th & 10th and the Camp is located on Hwy 27 South just outside the city limits of Kerrville, Texas. We will start at 8:00AM each day and will be located under the covered horse arena as always. YOU ARE INVITED TO THIS MOST REWARDING VISIT OF A LIFETIME!
Please feel free to come and help us with the children. All you'll need is a lawn chair and you. Thanks to many folks, dealers and manufacturers have already provide the Camp with metal detectors for the kids to use. Thanks to many individuals every year, many foreign coins have been donated for these kids to find with those detectors. As always, we still need MORE FOREIGN COINS. For this activity continues through the Camp's year and thus the coins are used in the event.
There may not be words that can discribe the looks on the childrens faces when they discover their first foreign coin by using a metal detector. I promise you it will be a look you will not forget. Please try to make an effort to come out and help us help the children. As we have heard from several parents of the kids;
"your efforts to teach my child metal detecting has for the first time gave him/her a desire to be outside even with their handicap to find treasures. As a parent that watched my child for years hide inside as the other children played, Thank You so much for your time and dedication you have taken to teach my child and other children this wonderful sport, it has changed his/her life!"
As one of the children told our volunteer last year when he ask her what she was going to do with all those foreign coins she had found with the metal detector from her wheelchair, her reply was: "I'm going to give them to my mommy to help her pay for my doctor bills!" This brought tears to all of our eyes that day.
For those that might wish to help us this year, here is a list of motels in the area:
Days Inn (830) 896-1000; Econo Lodge (830) 896-1711; Comfort Inn (830)792-7700; Motel 6 (830) 257-1500
The phone number of the Camp is (830) 896-8500 and address if you ever wish to send foreign coins for the kids is: Texas Lions Camp, P.O. Box 247, Kerrville, TX. 78029-0247. If you can make it, remember our lunches are Free provided by the Camp. We will work with the kids for 2 days and each day will end about 5:00 PM. You can contact me if needed at (903)843-5555 or
email: kwills@worldnet.att.net or mail me the foreign coins if you wish at: Keith Wills, 201 S. Montgomery St., Gilmer, TX. 75644.
We sincerely hope to see you there this year, you'll be glad you came I promise you. Keith Wills