Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Texas Weather

Sataro

Feel for you boys up North waiting for digging weather to get here. Went hunting on Wednesday. Temperature was around 74. Wringing wet with sweat by the time we quit hunting. 3rd hunt trying out my new Anfibio. First yard site, handful of clad & one wheat. Next went to an old site that has been hunted heavily. So much trash that you need a small coil to find anything amongst the trash. Found one wheat at this site which is not anything to brag about. But I was using my 7” concentric coil. I’m really impressed with this coil. Realized that I probably will not need my 5” coil very much due to this 7” coil will handle most sites that I hunt.

Texas weather, Friday morning & it was 24 when I got to work today. Starting on Monday, the weather is supposed to be in the 60’s all week. More great hunting weather...

I’m in Corsicana, TX. 76 degrees on Valentines day. Predicting 81 degrees today.

Sataro said:
I’m in Corsicana, TX. 76 degrees on Valentines day. Predicting 81 degrees today.

I predicted to change the oil on my snow blower so I can remove 6+ inches of snow in my driveway, and prepare for more this week. By the way the noise you heard, was me throwing my tablet across the room as I read your weather report.

By the way I spent over a week in corsicana in the late 80' on spring break working on a new house, my Brother in Law was building. All I remember it was an English Tudor design

If we ever saw 6” + of snow in Corsicana it would be declared a state holiday. Everyone would stay home & have to get outside to play in it.

Hunted this past weekend 33*-42*F with 15-20 mph N winds. 3 hunts, junker ring and ear ring, $20+ in change with $15 in quarters. I also found another coin from a now 11 Indonesian coin pocket spill.

It's 37*, raining now and will for the rest of the week. Time to do a reset of my Kruzer settings.

Good job on getting out this past weekend Keith. Yard looks like a flood came through this morning.

It was 36 when I started and 60 when I stopped. Hunted for 4 hours at two local schools with the MK in 14 Khz/two tone, buddy hunted with a deus/F75. I ended up with $11+, 7 in quarters, 3 rings one junker two silver (one old) n a wheatie, buddy had $8+ n a junker ring. I love it when he stops to change machines, lets me find more targets.

Tomorrow I'm hunting two yards I'm mowing for a friend. It's gonna be nice weather for a couple of days, may throw the MK in a backpack and ride one of my scooters to go hunt some parks

Hunted this past week in the cold and drizzle (thanks waterproof) a couple of times, $20+ in change, 2 junker rings, 3 silver dimes n 4 wheats.

A few observations while hunting with my MK in 14Khz/2 tone (normalized) w/standard coil. Regular dimes can bounce around 78-81 n silver dimes 80-82. 94-96 can be cell ph batteries or stacked quarters/dollars and dollar coins seem to be steadyish at 90. All of the large silver rings I've found have bounced between 88-91, while quarters are 87-89. Unfortunately, there's a certain size of a common aluminum clamp/bracket that sounds and reads just like quarters, I have a growing collection of those. When I see a steadyish 82 or a 90, my heart rate goes up, most every time it means silver coin/ring or dollar coin.

Lastly, it still amazes me that not only am I finding so many more deep and shallow coins on edge than with my last machine, but that most give really strong signals in every direction.

Temps are dropping to the lower 20s tonight n a sunny 34 tomorrow. It's slow at work this week, so I'm going to try n get out as much as I can