Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you Garrett service!

Sailorman

Had one of my pinpointers start acting crazy on me and sent it in for warranty repair. 10 days door to door, only two days in the shop. Thanks to Garrett service department for the rapid turnearound. They even put in a new battery and new housing. That's good service!

I wonder if they fixed it or replaced it (except the battery cap with serial)... Either way, that's a decent turnaround for a big company.

I've had mine three yeaqrs now. It's still a good pinpointer but I have noticed that sometimes
it doesn't want to resppond unless I turn the dang thing sideways. The TIP of the pointer usually
goes off when searching for the target buut sometime it doesn't make a sound. It's out
of warranty so I will probably just get a new one.

How did the old timers ever get by with out pinpointers years back? I'm spoiled. I forgot
mypinpointer a couple times and turned around and drove the miles back just to get it.
Robt2300

Now this is how CUSTOMER SERVICE should be; I hunt with a Garrett master hunter ADS III,bought it new in 1983 and it's been through a lot over the years. At some point the magnet part of the speaker broke off and came out,but since I always use headphones,no big deal. Recently my headphone jack stopped working,and I thought while I have the machine apart I would replace the speaker.So I called Garrett's customer service to see about a replacement or at least if they had the info on the speaker size/ohms and such. The phone rang 4 times before being answered by a REAL PERSON,very nice lady named Mary,I explained my problem and she put me on hold while she checked.No more then 2 minutes later she was back with not only the info about the speaker but she had found their supplier still carried that model and could have them send me one. Super,Great! And since it wasn't very expensive they would take care of the cost and just get it sent out to me FREE!!! I should have it in a week or so. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I love my propointer. It speeds up my target recovery and saves a lot of aggravation for me. Knock on wood, no problems with it so far. Of course, I don't get out and use it as much as others, but it has never let me down and that's great. Glad that Garrett took care of you and their customer service is wonderful.

You can look inside the battery compartment and read the ser# on there as well. They replaced the housing, which includes the tip coil. martin

Sailorman said:
Had one of my pinpointers start acting crazy on me and sent it in for warranty repair. 10 days door to door, only two days in the shop. Thanks to Garrett service department for the rapid turnearound. They even put in a new battery and new housing. That's good service!