Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you Mr. Gopher!

JamesBondaka

First really nice day with lots of sunshine, so I decided charge up the Ctx. I hit a area with big patch of gophers in the area. I got a nice 12-45 hit and I dug down just a few inches. In one dirt clod...was one of the biggest sterling silver rings Ive found, right in the gopher hole. It was in the ground for several years and I may not have found it...if the gopher did not push it towards the surface. Its nice the gopher was thinking about me!

It looks like a Cub Scout ring! Maybe an adult ring because of the size? If you look at Cub Scout ring images online, you'll see the same fox image. I'm wondering if there was a B.S.A. campground there once upon a time?!!! Cool ring:thumbup:

Great finds, i too check wood chuck den peripheries. Often you get an indicator of areas age etc if you see pottery shards, old glass bits and such extruded by the critter, CO

n/t

Start looking for a Golden Gopher pushing up a bag of coins!:clapping: Cool find there James!
Mud

Goldstrike said:
It looks like a Cub Scout ring! Maybe an adult ring because of the size? If you look at Cub Scout ring images online, you'll see the same fox image. I'm wondering if there was a B.S.A. campground there once upon a time?!!! Cool ring:thumbup:

Thanks all! As for the weight Doc.....I still dont have a scale yet but I would guess its about 25 grams or so. I will clean it up and post it.

I did not think about the cub scout thing. Now that you mention that....thats probably what it is. I cant imagine anyone losing a ring that heavy and big but I guess it happens. I hope the gopher has more!

As requested....heres a cleaned up pic. It cleaned up pretty good.

A woodchuck that lived in my yard once left me a cool sugar spoon with traces of gold plating still on it. It cleaned real nice with electrolysis and some super fine steel wool. The base metal was copper which looked pretty against the areas that still had gold. Gave it a coat of clear Krylon to prevent tarnish. Had it displayed in my bookcase for years.

-pete