Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank You White's Veterans!

Diggindumbstuff

With all-due Respect....Thank You White's Old-Timers!!!
I have been hiding in the bushes just listening here and over at White's forum for many years now. I am amazed at how much you guys know and I don't. You seem to always want to help others ( or just need someone to talk to) , either way, Everything you say here ( hopefully) is being archived for many to learn from for years to come. Thank You!
As I hunt with my nearing 70 yr young Dad, I hang onto his every word cause hes been there. As times go by I realize how Valuable older folks really are. I appreciate Everything you have done. THANK YOU!
I could go on and on. Just trying to clear some crickets and say thanks!

That's when my older brother Ed & I started using the GhostTowner BFO and through the years I haven't gone more than a short while without at least one White's detector model in my personal arsenal. That was about June of that year, so White's, my first factory-produced detector, came onboard with me and I'm well equipped with some of my favorite Tesoro models, top pick Makro & Nokta devices, and am comfortably equipped with my White's XLT, MXT All-Pro and two of the newer MX-7s. :thumbup:

All of my favorite detectors have rewarded me with some wonderful success afield, and I wouldn't be enjoying this great sport today if I wound not have been enthused and inspired if it would have been for the White's detectors that urged me on. Three years of home-built metal/mineral locators sparked my interest enough to keep some embers aglow, but White's really fueled the fire I me and here we are today. I just loaded two detectors in my Tahoe and came back in to grab an MX-7 and MXT All-Pro and now I'll head out to enjoy another spring-like day for February 8th. It's supposed to get up to 62° and I'm in a silver-finding mood today. :detecting:

I'm glad you get out detecting with your Dad. My oldest [size=small](46)[/size] and youngest [size=small](36)[/size] sons do a bit of detecting as well, and the oldest lives here in town where I am and I enjoy us getting out hunting together. I'm not 70 years old, yet, but that's a short 15 months away, if I make it, and I plan to keep on detecting and enjoying it as long as I can.

Keep enjoying time with your Dad, just getting out detecting whenever you can, and learn and enjoy a great White's detector model.

Monte

PS: I noted only 11 posts so you're new to the Findmall Forums .... 'Welcome!'

Thank You very much! I appreciate the time I have with my pops. I enjoy hearing all the stories from the "Good ole days".(60s and 70s). Whites detectors saved us. I could go on but this is about you. Thank you.
I truely believe that folks like yourself sharing your knowledge and kind words can and does Change lives!
Thank you

I was a stocker at a grocery store, just outta college when I met my best friend for life. After work, he asked me to look at something in his camper/truck in the parking lot. It was a White's Coin master, circa de 1960's! I still remember how the coin had to be near the middle of the coil for any depth!:rofl: Then, he pulled out several treasure magazines (filled with dowsing ads:smoke:) - and I was hooked for life! I started out with a Dtex tiny tex- cause that's all I could afford - which led to another bfo - and finally worked my way back to Whites. Amazing journey.

Its awesome to hear all the memories that White's machines bring back. They will always have a special place in my memories. Its like when you first fell in love. Goosebumps, that feeling in your gut, not being able to sleep just thinking about what kind of long forgotten treasure you may find next. That feeling never goes away. Kinda like a smell. After years of hunting that adrenaline rush never gets old!

I haven't been around the detecting scene very long with White's machines like the two gentlemen in the above posts. I started late, Monte and slingshot started way earlier than me. I bought some Western & Eastern Treasures magazines and the White's adds called out to me. In 1994 I bought my very first metal detector, the just introduced White's XLT. What a Detector! This was way before the internet and since I bought mail order, I had no one to be my mentor. It was a fairly long learning curve and I should have bought from a local dealer... but the closest dealer was 50 miles (1 way) road trip......I studied and experimented with the computerized menu layout then I made up a couple of custom programs then saved them by naming them.

...I had a pretty good handle on the XLT and then 7 years later traded the perfectly functioning XLT for a DFX when they first came out in 2001. I never could bond with it, then sold it 6 years later (2007)and bought a 6000 Pro XL same as the XL Pro. The Pro XL was a new learning experience and I soon got the hang of this great analog machine. At first I run everything on the pre-set marks on the dials and the AutoTrack® toggle at pre-set after doing the AIR beep and Ground beep. Then as I got used to ground balancing it, I then started experimenting with a hotter setting of the Signal Balance (P.A.G.) and when using ground tracking I would "Lock" the AutoTrack® when I was satisfied with the ground balance.

...The 5900 Di Pro SL is another analog favorite, it is easy to adjust the Signal Balance on the 'hot' side with it's double stacked Ground Balance.it is Much less time consuming than the XL Pro to set up ... I run it with a Signal Balance setting at about the 4:00 o'clock position on the dial. When checking the ground balance with the trigger pulled threshold 'Normal' all metal, the Threshold should rise just a little to be 'just' a tiny bit on the positive side.

..Then there is my IDX Pro modified by Mr. Bill, I bought it new at the same time as my 6000 Pro XL (2007). What a great pairing of White's machines these 2 made as they shared the same search coils. These 2 detectors complement each other with different hunting styles, the 6000 for a moderate to fast sweep speed to cover more ground or the IDX Pro for hunting in thick trash with a fast recovery and rapid response. It's fast recovery in the iron is amazing with a small search coil like the 'Snooper' 350 coil (4½") or the hard to find Ferret High Energy coil (5½") . It is a dynamite coin/jewelry/relic machine.

..Lately I have been using a MX5 with good success, it is pretty easy to run. My usual setting is Coin Mode, 2 tone Audio, anywhere from 8 bars to Max on Sensitivity, AutoTrack® is set up by pumping the coil on clean metal free ground. Disc.set up has everything accepted with no discrimination, I use the 6 ½" 5.3 Eclipse coil most of the time. All of these machines are still with me and I pull each and every one out in a rotation to give them a good working...LOL