Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank-You XP!

How awesome is it that XP gave us all the sweet new functionality that V3.0 has to offer, in a simple and quick download and they didn't even charge us anything for it?!?!

XP listened to us, took our feedback and gave us what we asked for. The download was smooth and easy and the new functionality is sweet. Now, I have not hunted with it yet but I have spent the last few hours playing around with the machine and I like some of the new features/programs.

Some things I already like are:
- The Gold Field program #10 - (I will be playing with this a lot in some coming tests. There might be more uses to this than I previously thought, with some tweaks of course)
- The Full Tones function
- The ability to store more programs and custom programs without overwriting others
- Target normalizing across frequencies
- The removal of bottle tops with Silencer set @4. I think a LOT of people will be THRILLED with this new function

Some other things I am looking forward to:
- The promise of a new 11" coil. This one might just be it. I love the big coil, as many of you already know but for general purpose hunting, the 11" might just be the ticket. I can't wait for this one to come out so I can put it to the test! I also hope that XP comes out with some other sizes/designs (concentric??). I would love to see a large concentric coil and a small DD trash coil. Now where is that 11" one already?!?!

Anyway, this post does not have much information and I apologize for that, however, I hope to be putting V3.0/the 11" coil through a LOT of testing this summer and will be providing as much feedback as possible.

I hope the update went smoothly for all of you and please share what your favorite new features are.

THANK YOU XP!

-Marc

Marc

You are spot on when it comes to the additonal functionality and performance that V3.0 offers. Some is clearly apparent when you see what was added and other aspects will take a little time to sink in and come to the surface . . . . a lot of hours of testing went into the update to make sure it was 4.0 when it left the factory. Plans were to have it out sooner (much sooner) but Alain and his team are not your typical comapny when it comes to updates and releases.

The 11" coil is also coming along with some other accessories you will see throughout 2013.

XP is not simply resting on their laurels but looking at what they can do in the furture (and please do not see this as 4.0 is coming . . . my head hurts already :stars:)

The FULL TONES option is great for coin hunters and makes migrating from other popular platforms easier as it can be made to sound like what you are used to.

Be interested in your feedback as you get out and do some hunting with the V3.0 package

Andy

Thanks Andy! I know you have done a lot of work to get this rolled out and I appreciate it. I CAN't WAIT to put a serious amount of hours on this new platform to see what it can do. It already feels like I got a new machine today, which is a great thing and I can't wait to explore the changes.

I also simply can not wait to take out the 11" coil. I have nothing but the highest hopes for it.

Thanks for your message and I plan to be posting a lot about my findings with all these new features!

Oh, wait, what did you say about V4.0? When is that going to be out and what will the features be? Lets start a thread about that asap...haha

-Marc

LOL! I think I will wear my Deus down to a knob before I need another update :detecting:

Andy,

Do you think you could make a list and enumerate the changes from V20 to V30 with a brief description
of each and page ref.#. I think it would also make a good sticky and possibly eliminate a lot of posts
that are sure to come. Thanks.