Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks alot guys - now I have to completely change my hearing

detectorguy

I was reading about Fast and Deep on here earlier today and decided to turn them both off as per Bryce, captn_se and dewcon. Sounded like somebody handed me a completely new detector. I have an Explorer XS that's old, old, old, I went to a pounded park here in my little town and in 90 minutes dug four coins and a quite a few pieces of iron (mostly nails and some nuts, bolts, etc). The four coins were an 1896 indian head, a 1904 indian head, a 1906 indian head and a 1944 wheatie. They all sounded like "coins" mixed in with iron crap - a regular symphony, but with a flutey sound in there somewhere that repeated. In the holes were iron crap and a coin - all were about 6 inches down. Now I have to learn my machine and how I listen all over again!

n/t

At least it wasnt just nails and bolts :beers: I think thats the way i started out..... those big ole bolts with lots of rust still sound soooo good.

Dew

Glad it worked out for you. Nice job on the hunt.

Rich

My other settings are: Iron Mask = 6 to 10 (depends on location), conductive sounds, variability = 10, gain = 10, sensitivity = manual 18 to 22 (depends on location) and most everything else is default. I use a good set of Killer B headphones with a slightly audible threshold.