Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks Eric, Bill John

A

Anonymous

The sick Barracuda is alive and well again. I suspected the coil was the problem and after several trys to contact Jim Pugh. I decided to make a coil. I measured the old coil at 187 micro henry's and 4.3 ohms. It took 19 turns to acheive the 182 micro henry's. I hooked to the PCB useing coax cable and it worked great (stable) So I went back to the origional coil and looked over closely and about four feet above the coil I found a tiny split in the cable. I opened it and it was green. I cut it and put a splice in it and took it to the beach. it worked great found a nickle,penny,pop top and a silver ring at 15". I was also following a Minelab down the beach.I would like to get a larger coil for this detector and can't get a response from Jim. Is there any one else that can take the numbers above and sell me a coil (Coiltec, PulsePower ect.) Again thanks for the advice on the problem,this is a great forum.
Kurt

Hi Kurt,
What size would you like? I can do 10in, 11in and 15in wound to the above figures; and screened of course.
Eric.

I would be very interested in a 15 In. Please tell me about shipping and payment. I have Visa ect.