Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks to gobble-gobble and R-n-R and some questions

JohnA

First trip out with my BHID 300. Hit 3 sanded in spots. Managed 1 dime, 3 pennies, a lead fishing weight and a 14 KT ring. Also lots of the usual junk, pull tabs,etc.The pennies hit with sound and green light. Not really exciting, but they were in the same hole as some rusted bottle caps. The ring hit with sound and no light signal even after the first scoop. The yellow light came on after the second scoop and the ring showed up after the third. Outstanding. The machine swings a lot easier than my Excal and the buoyant coil is controllable with my straight shaft and belt mount setup. Not perfect but I guess that's the trade off for light weight. I used the gobble-gobble super tune for the whole time. What is somewhat distressing is a lot of the rusted bottle caps hit with a yellow light only. I can usually tell those with my Excal. The new Heineken and others I dig just to be sure with my Excal. So, is it OK to switch back and forth from AM to discriminate in super tune mode and are there any tricks to tell rusted bottle caps so I can shorten the learning curve? Thought about PMing gobble-gobble or Beach Hunter, but maybe some good info is forthcoming from them or someone else we all can use. This machine is definitely going to see a lot of use. Thanks.

With the sens jacked up the disc/ID is not accurate, but the BHID's ID will round up instead of down which means low con small at depth will come in as yellow or just a rise in the threshold as apposed to showing red. If the machine does not know what a target is it will not show an id or it will round up. The bottle caps are a nusiance with any machine I've used. But if you get even a flick of red it's gonna be crap or poss crap in the same hole. I figure I'm at the beach it's soft/packed sand why not dig. My previous machine was a PI so I'm thrilled about only digging 25% of the iron junk just to see what it is. I'm only thru one set of batts so far still learning the machine so far so good. I get the occasional bobbypin at +10 cause it does not show ID till I get the hole open a bit. I'll dig a little extra to keep from missing a goodie! The BHID is by no means a perfect machine but it's darn close.

is a lot easier to swing in and out of the water, poorer discrimination to iron (super tune mode) , probably at least as deep as the Excal, may be better at finding gold ( finding a lot of nickels, more than the Excal ) , might be less sensitive to silver than the Excal ( loses the signal on clad if I don't get the target in the first scoop more often than the Excal) , easier to pinpoint than the Excal. Bottom line so far- it is a fun and productive machine. Looks like it will be a keeper.

I'm not really sure you need to super tune the BHID 300. I haven't tried this as the super 12 coil already is a depth demon!

Sometimes I run the machine in pretty hot black sand and have to turn down the sensitivity just a little for very smooth operation (this seems to not affect the depth as the larger coil is so hot on the smaller targets).

I did super tune the machine when I had the stock coil before the upgrade.

If you run the machine in regular all metal mode and have it ground balanced correctly, you'll find the ID to be pretty accurate while still punching down very deep.

I'm also curious if anyone runs their 300 super tuned with all the pros and cons listed!

Thanks and HH!!!:thumbup:

air test I got a noticeable increase in detection distance versus regular AM, knowing air tests don't mean much. Targets aren't really plentiful, so I may try different modes over a real field target and see what I come up with. I know a couple of times I got out of AM into discriminate inadvertently and didn't even get a signal over the target. So there is definitely a depth factor involved. If I come up with some meaningful and reproducible results I will post them.

Hey John, sorry to say the BHID does get more caps then the excal, you don't get the break in the signal like the excal, I still use the excal. but the BH IS THE DETECTOR. If you listen closely on alot of the caps there is a break in disc. mode. In the AM it's dig everything yellow , I only dig the yellow, I cover more ground, I just don't want to waste time diggin clad & a pc. of silver now & then. This is just the way I hunt. In the winter month's I 'll did the green. I do feel that with the program the BH does without a dought get more depth & with the 12" coil which I don't have ,is even deeper.As per my hunting buddies. So to say I like the BH better, I'll stick with the 9 1/2 " coil, at my age don't want to dig to China. I also chest mount the box, one strap over the neck the other around the chest, this way the box doesn't float & if you have to hit the switch for disc. it's right there. Good Hunting. Going to the Treasure coast for a few day's 9/19 till the 21st. come on storm, but be gentle

Yes 50% of the time they use the program, they say they really don't have to, it depends on the conditions, high trash areas. With the stock you get maybe 2 +" more with the program you got yourself a PI detector, But you have it with the 9 1/2" coil also. Just be ready to dig "DEEP"