Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks to Nokta for Listening......

Too bad they didn't get it right the first time. I have an Impact that is updatable but there never was a need.
Few new machines push out Inna hurry because customers keep nagging them.
Ever come out perfect the first release.
Though I don't remember Tesoros doing that.
Always Fantastic. Especially in Iron.

Now for that pesky Threshold glitch…….

They did, not their fault that the demo for metal detectorists skews old/technophobe.
Interesting thought. I thought i remember somewhere, probably with Tesoro that you can get slightly different results with two different detectors of the same kind. In other words each one can behave slightly differently, not every vaquero made for example, even though made the same way will be exactly the same the way it behaves so to speak. I forgot the theory behind that.
Maybe inaccurate.

Interesting thought. I thought i remember somewhere, probably with Tesoro that you can get slightly different results with two different detectors of the same kind. In other words each one can behave slightly differently, not every vaquero made for example, even though made the same way will be exactly the same the way it behaves so to speak. I forgot the theory behind that.
Maybe inaccurate.
It was the tuner. Their was one engineer who made them perfect. Darn if I can remember his name.
I believe you could say that of all manufacturers.
Though less than I'd liked to have owned.
Ever Tesoros I own function perfectly.
At least in my eyes.
And I will not part with my Minelabs, Whites or Garrett's machine's over them.
They all do something better than the others.
I was making a point the most every digital machine that came out their first run had one issue or another.

It was certainly in Noktas best interest in fixing their updater….The one thing in particular that drew me to Nokta was the fact that they listen to their customers and have frequent updates….a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link !!

…..but still commend them for the fix !

you can get slightly different results with two different detectors of the same kind
That's sample variability, and it always exists if you produce 2 or more of anything. It can be reduced, but it's always there (optics, electronics, cars, you name it). Some technologies have extremely small variability tolerance (for example, most microprocessors), but in general manufacturers tend to play it as loose as they can get away with, since it benefits the sacred Bottom Line.