Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thar's GOLD in them thar hills!

William-NM

Well, I was having kind of a so-so week, but last night as I was cleaning up some finds, I happily discovered that one of my mystery-melts was of the shiny golden variety! It tests at 10K and .74 oz. I'll also post the chunk that I found a while back. This weeks nugget was found with the AT Pro using the 5x8 coil, as the AT Gold is at the Garrett spa getting fixed up. It came in at about 69 VDI. I love my AT's :detecting:
Gold-1_zpsd2fce30f.jpg
Gold-2_zpsd4caf599.jpg

Do you suppose those are natural or from some sort of smelting process? Either way, really great scores! I think a natural nuggets command a higher dollar right? You are rich! :clapping:
Mud

Thanks, guys.
Mud: I don't know the answer to that. I've looked at lots of photos of gold nuggets, but they seem to come in all shapes and sizes and vary from smooth to rough, depending on whether water has worked them. Anyone know how to tell? As you say, natural specimens command a higher price than spot... anyways, I'm not selling 'em- just like having them in the safe. :cheers:

Well, I'll be a Son of a Scurvy Sea Dog!! Those be some nice nuggets, for sure!! OK, go ahead and say it.....................Eureka!!!

Very Very nice>>>>>>Congrats!

Yep - enough to maintain the Tigger in the style to which he's become accustomed for quite a while :crylol: