Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That Sovereign of mine surprises me everytime I take it out...

robby4570

Sorry y'all, this is a couple days old. I got it done and posted almost everywhere, but we lost our WiFi and so I had to wait for the WiFi to settle down and work before I finally could get it posted...

Rita, Speedy and I all went to the "Dog Beach" here and Speedy got to play and meet other people and dogs while I MD'ed. I got 30 or 40 yards down the beach before I realized that I still had the disc and notch dials wayyy up from my park hunt the other day. So I crank 'em both down to "0" and start back over the ground I had already done. I got about 3/4 of the way back to where I started and stopped to chat with a lady who had an identical dog to Speedy (right down to the red leash). Rita and Speedy came over and we all chatted for a while and then the always asked question came up... "do you do any good with that?" And I answer, "oh, I do OK..." and briefly tell her my totals. Then I leave her, Rita and the dogs there as I get started back 'tecting. I hadn't gotten 5 feet and I get this low growl, not the low BLAAAAATT that you get with a bottlecap or the wahhhwaaaaaahwah with a pulltab... just a low grumbly growl with a slight dip in the middle. Now, I have not heard real good ring sized gold on this machine yet so I almost - ALMOST - didn't dig it. But I did and in the second scoopfull (about 6 inches down I find a silvery ring. But it didn't scream like silver and it looked like a cosmetic ring, junk, not a real one. Well I turn around and show it to the girls with a "UH, yeah, I guess I do DO OK!" They couldn't believe their eyes! I'm sure I heard her say, I guess I will get a metal detector. So here we go, here's the pic's.....

The ring before cleaning, less than 5 minutes out of the sand and ALREADY on the wife's hand... Oh, look baby, IT FITS ME!!!

734960_10152395820890635_1438607596_n.jpg

After a light cleaning at home...

253920_10152396053460635_99086538_n.jpg

20028_10152396055430635_535988783_n.jpg

And YES!!! It's 18K!!!!!!!

217741_10152396275210635_1460001415_n.jpg

I'm printing this story out to read later, but by the looks at first glance I think a "WOW!" might be in order? I hope so...:thumbup:

Critterhunter said:
I'm printing this story out to read later, but by the looks at first glance I think a "WOW!" might be in order? I hope so...:thumbup:

Hi Critter,,,,THANKS and yep. "WOW" is in order. I thought I had junk in the scoop from the sound that I got (an upper low tone) when I passed the coil over the spot. It was about 6 or so inches down, plenty shallow for disc mode to see it. I'm at 96 hours on the Sov Elite now and really JUST starting to understand the nuances of the sounds it sings to me. I can call a pulltab 98% of the time (had 3 or 4 nickels so far that I expected to be PT's) and 99.9% of the time I'm good on bottle caps. If they're really rusty I get fooled. But I am sure loving that Sovereign!!

The ring is 4.5 g with the stone and it is 18K White Gold, I will be getting it appraised later this month. Doubt that the wife will part with it, so not even worried about the melt value.

That is very nice. I never sell the rings I find. The wife won't let me!!

Now you know what to expect when you hear the bull frog sound lol nice find !!! Jim