Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 550 meter has its place!

wpruden

Hey fellow sovereign hunters
If you really want a meter more precise than the 180 the 550 is truly worth looking into due to its high resolution. You can identify various pull tabs and nickles with no problem.
when I get a nice single clean tone I can get a better breakdown in target ID due to its high resolution and as far as stability if junk is around the coin at a decent depth and I hit 547 plus on the meter twice you can bet its a good target.
I'm just saying this that the 550 has its place for those looking for a higher precise target ID especially in the gold range with all the pull tabs; tones will be very close in that range but the 550 will break the pull tabs down.
This is just my opinion and what I have done with the 550 meter.
Good targets lock on no problem, tabs will jump around but at different parameters of each tab. This is truly great.
Just a little something:twodetecting:

Most coils and most of the 550 meters that are out there have the range of adjustment to allow for a setting of 600 in a dime or quarter. Copper pennies, dimes and quarters will read 600. Zincs will come in at around 585-590. Nickels around 485 and most pulltabs fall into the 510-525 range. It seemed about 95% of the people like the 180 meters so I just kept quiet about the expanded range and better target resolution as it always seemed to stir up arguments whenever anyone would bring it up. Personally I will stick with the 550 meters. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

wpruden said:
Hey fellow sovereign hunters
If you really want a meter more precise than the 180 the 550 is truly worth looking into due to its high resolution. You can identify various pull tabs and nickles with no problem.
when I get a nice single clean tone I can get a better breakdown in target ID due to its high resolution and as far as stability if junk is around the coin at a decent depth and I hit 547 plus on the meter twice you can bet its a good target.
I'm just saying this that the 550 has its place for those looking for a higher precise target ID especially in the gold range with all the pull tabs; tones will be very close in that range but the 550 will break the pull tabs down.
This is just my opinion and what I have done with the 550 meter.
Good targets lock on no problem, tabs will jump around but at different parameters of each tab. This is truly great.
Just a little something:twodetecting:

Not for me, thats relying way to much on the meter. I wouldnt mine seeing them drop it even further down to 100 would be fine. If its in the area of what Im looking for Im digging it. even on the 180 meter tabs are alot of different numbers. lets not forget one of the main reasons they went to the 180 was to stabilize the numbers, they do jump around a bunch more on the 550.

Neil

Neil is rigth, here in france we can get only 550 meter and i buy 180 in us because they lock better , with 180 i can guess all euros coins on the beach!! and no more pull tabs digging!!! probleme is gold number because i not find a lot!

If you are not recovering pull tabs and nickles at the beach you most likely are not finding much gold.
Why else would you go to the beach but to find lost jewelry ... pocket change is nice but if I want coins I would prefer the older ones.

Discrimination at the beach is my friend ... yes indeed ... I dont use much of it but those that do leave behind a lot of nice gold targets for me.
I really dont mind recovering all those pull tabs that others dont want to deal with.

Willee

The reason is the meter will lock on much better on coins that are not real deep and those that are deep the 550 just jumps around too much to be of any use to me. The ones I had tried on the new Sovereigns before changing to my 180 meter seem to overlap some numbers too much while the 180 would lock on to a number or 2 giving me a better ID. The real deep one the numbers will vary a bit on the 180 meter while the 550 I couldn't even use with the numbers jumping around that much. The later 550 meters that were used on the Elite were much more stable than the earlier one were. I know several that like the 550 meter and if it works for them and their hunting I am happy for them, but for me the 180 numbers meters have been the best I have ever used on the Sovereigns.

Rick

Guys
Its just another tool! I was simply stating you can Identify various pulltabs not disc. them out! I not hear to say one meter is better than the other; but that the 550 is simply another tool that has its place for thoses wanting to use it. Thats it!
Everyone calm down.

you will find the same line of comments when referring to which coil is better, which sov is better and so forth.

HH
Neil

...that's right Neil and my Sov is better than anyone else's.....:biggrin::biggrin::smoke:

Tony said:
...that's right Neil and my Sov is better than anyone else's.....:biggrin::biggrin::smoke:

...what he said Neil and both my Sovs are better than anyone else's...... One with the 180 meter and one without:inlove: