Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 6" DD coil is hot!

Steve(MS)

Hi everyone, this past week I finally got a XT 70 along with the 6" DD coil, went on a clad hunt Saturday just to get used to it a little. Today I decided to try the 6" coil and went to a place by a local river where I had found a few minnies in the past but there is a lot of nails and big iron there so I decided to see how the 6" coil would do. I went to a small area where I had found one minnie in the past and worked my way around and got a one angle hit with the ID meter hitting in the low twenties so I dug and found this minnie down about 4 or 5". Now what makes this worth reporting is I have used my main detector there as well as several well known iron trash working detectors but they all missed this one:biggrin:. I was running all metal with the 2 tones, listening for a solid high tone that sort of had more than a chirp. In this area I couldn't find a place to GB so I just ran it where it was, needless to say I am impressed, just think what I can do when I get good with this new to me detector:biggrin:. Really I was trying it out since hot weather has broken out way down here in the South, I usually just do clad and jewelry hunts during the summer months and relic hunt fall to early spring so it was a treat to make this minnie find where there were nails on 4 sides of it.

Steve congrats, beware that little coil is highly addictive.:lol: Your description of how to tell the iron edge effect, from a target peeking through the iron is excellent.:clap: That's one of the hardest things to teach a newbie about working in iron, and your explanation is right on. The other thing about the little coils that I had to adjust to, was how light they are. It feels like you're just swinging a coil rod.

HH
BarnacleBill