Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Alpha

Smudge

I almost never hear anyone talking about this detector.

There is plenty of discussion about its equivalent, the Fisher F2, but almost nothing about the Alpha.

Why is that?

Probably because for a few dollars the Delta out shines it by a magnitude of a thousand.
Hardly anyone talks about the Ace 150 either. I wonder why? :)-)
Salida

Makes sense.

But again, you can find plenty of discussion about the Fisher F2, which is the equivalent to the Alpha, about which you hear almost nothing.

I just found that odd.

Why would people prefer the F2 ove rthe Alpha?

"Why would people prefer the F2 over the Alpha?"

If they are like many of us out there, they are pressed for money and are willing
to gamble that they really don't need the features the F2 and Alpha are missing.

If you compare the Alpha and delta you will see a difference in basic features; the same is
so with the Ace 150 and the Ace 250. That doesn't mean you can't find anything with them;
people DO find some good things.

If you look at Tesoro, you find that the BASIC machine is the Compadre, which is just a
point and beep machine; there is no pinpoint mode and no depth read out but many
people buy it because it's inexpensive.

Pioneer, which is the lowest priced Bounty Hunter machines are the same way.

There is a machine at the right price out there for everybody, in my opinion. It's just a
matter of what people can afford to buy. :)-) But I see what you mean about the discussion about
the F2 vs. the Alpha and Delta. One can only guess as to why. The only difference that I can see
is the Alpha is being compared to it's big brother the Delta: the Ace 150 to IT'S big brother the 250.
The F2 HAS no big brother; it's being compared to a seperate Mfg.

Your guess is as good as mine and I'm not sure how good MINE is. :)-) Maybe Fisher is BETTER KNOWN
than Teknetics. There is something to be said for advertising and name recognition..

Salida

Hi Salida.

Actually, the F2 does have a big brother, its the F4, which is the equivalent to the Delta. Both owned by Frist Texas.

Not beating a dead horse here.

It just surpirses me that the F2 is more popular than the Alpha since they are both essentially the same machine.

Yup. Your right. Forgot about the F-4 AND the F-5.
At one time I considered the F-2 but went with the Ace 250.
More Bang for the buck. Still, I may have to get a hold of one
and give it a shot. Always open minded.
Salida

Salida said:
Yup. Your right. Forgot about the F-4 AND the F-5.
At one time I considered the F-2 but went with the Ace 250.
More Bang for the buck. Still, I may have to get a hold of one
and give it a shot. Always open minded.
Salida

F2 is a better choice than an Ace250. I liked my 250 but it is very slow compared to an F2.

I agree. I have had both the Ace and the F2. The recovery on the F2 is much faster, and I like the VDI numbers. A little more information on targets is interesting to me.