Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Amazing Tiger Shark

Rainyday101

No, it's not a story about a big gold ring find! I have been putting a fair amount of time in with the Tiger Shark in the water. All I can say is the Tiger just continues to amaze me. It's like a Silver uMax on steroids. I have found four rings, but no gold yet- at least real gold. Every time I take the Tiger in the water my nickel count goes way up. This detector is so sensitive and can find the smallest things. A few weeks ago I found a plastic pair of sunglass. The detector was hitting on the small hinges on the glasses and they were at least 4" deep in the sand. I have found small split shot deep, bobby pins, and small screws.

Last night I took my boat and hit a sandbar in the middle of the lake. I cleaned house on clad, found one small ring, and a ton of bottle caps and modern tabs. On modern tabs, if you swing slow you get a double beep in both directions and this is due to the two holes in them. I still can't figure out why someone would pull the attached tab off a can just to throw it in the water.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but just wanted to let you know how much fun I am having with the Tiger. I have been using Google Maps to use aerial views and find all the sandbars that pontoons and boaters hangout on. Swimming season is pretty much over so crowds are almost non-existent.

My settings are Disc mode, ground balance neutral, disc. at 2.

I find at least half a dozen when I hunt in the water, I can just about always tell it's a pull tab on my excal but I still have to dig it up, just never know.....HH

im about to hook my boat up and head out now with my Tiger shark. i have found one ring this year and it was gold, I had a big smile on my face when I seen it.

HH

Rainyday,

I've owned and used a Tiger Shark for 13 years, bought it new in the year 2001, it has paid for itself several times over and found 2 girls class rings that were returned. I have hundreds of hours on it,Yet....... it has been very dependable, never had any issues with it and it has never been returned to the Tesoro factory.

You guys are making me want to get to the water with mine :thumbup: I've been neglecting it a little this season. As Rainyday101 mentioned, it can find the smallest things. Found this tiny .925 earring last time out with the Tiger and it gave a clear signal like a coin. Kept falling thru the holes in the scoop and took me a while to find it.

2014-09-03%2018.39.24.png

Amazing machine! :super:

Nice machine , try a spot where the rich people go and you will find gold the poor fold probably pawned the gold rings off there fingers ,

i just got back, it was really busy out there so I couldnt go where I wanted to go so all I found today was beer caps and pop tabs. you have your good days and your bad days but the good ones are what keep bringing me back.

HH

I have had my Tiger for a long time now also. It has paid for its self a few times. Mine has the 8" coil and I love that one. I also hat when you get them very tiny things that fall through the holes. The Tiger is a good detector... KEN

I hear you guys on the small stuff. Usually after three scoops of chasing the target, I fill the hole with my foot and move on. If it's a deep one I keep on scooping. Right now I have a T-Rex scoop with a floating wooden handle and really love it. I abuse the heck out of it and it shows no wear, good product!

Have any of you Tiger hunters tried hunting in all metal mode with background threshold hum? I have tried it a few times but usually end up going back to disc mode silent search. Just seems easier listen for that distinctive quack.

Tesoro really hit a home run with this detector!

Rainyday - I will use all metal if Im in an area where there is not many signals and then I might check it with disc when I find a signal but like you I mostly hunt in disc so its nice and quiet. I also have the T-rex scoop, it should outlast me lol!
HH

Good report! I was wondering what you were up to...this should be your best hunting time, now that all the summer people are off the water and its warm..been thinking about our conversation the other day a lot!....Best of Luck!:beers:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Good report! I was wondering what you were up to...this should be your best hunting time, now that all the summer people are off the water and its warm..been thinking about our conversation the other day a lot!....Best of Luck!:beers:
Mud

Hey Mud, I am still working on that one and probably won't be ready until spring now. Just had to drop a handful of cash for a used outboard motor. My old has seen it's day and wasn't worth fixing anymore. I just picked up a nice 1990 Johnson 8 HP in like new condition for $600 cash. Right now I am just hitting sandbars and wading with waders. I have purchased some of my equipment though for next spring. I am looking at about 80% of my detecting in the water. Next year that percentage may even go higher.

One thing for sure though I have the right detector for the task.

lawbambam said:
Rainyday - I will use all metal if Im in an area where there is not many signals and then I might check it with disc when I find a signal but like you I mostly hunt in disc so its nice and quiet. I also have the T-rex scoop, it should outlast me lol!
HH

Yeah, that T-REX is one fine scoop. Durability is not an issue at all with this thing. Mine is on it's second season.

A good scoop can seem like a big expense, but when you are the water it is well worth the money. I started with a home made scoop, big mistake.

That water and beach detecting sure sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

tabman

tabman said:
That water and beach detecting sure sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

tabman

Tab, putting you on the beach with that Cibola would be like putting a wolf in with the sheep. It would be a slaughter!

One thing for sure- it's easier digging! Add a Tiger Shark and things really get fun.

Last month I found two 18k rings with mine

A .47 oz man's wedding band, and an engagement ring in 18k white gold with 21 diamonds. Center stone was a full 1 ct.. Appraised @ $7,900.

Thumped the hell out of that beach later, and found only fishing weights

Skillet said:

A .47 oz man's wedding band, and an engagement ring in 18k white gold with 21 diamonds. Center stone was a full 1 ct.. Appraised @ $7,900.

Thats awesome, what a day! I need to get a scale to see how much the ring I found ways. Does anyone know of a decent type of a scale?

Lets me know the place isn't hunted out, and hey, it's all practice!

lawbambam said:
Skillet said:

Thats awesome, what a day! I need to get a scale to see how much the ring I found ways. Does anyone know of a decent type of a scale?

Go to Amazon and search on jewelry scale. Look at the reviews. Lots of good ones under $15. Mine will be her tomorrow.

Rainyday101 said:
lawbambam said:
Skillet said:

Go to Amazon and search on jewelry scale. Look at the reviews. Lots of good ones under $15. Mine will be her tomorrow.
Thanks Rainyday101 did you get one that does .1g or.01g? I was looking at a durascale350 or something like that.