Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Anfibio Beach/Water hunting..Some observations...

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guys
Just got back from vacation down on the Gulf...first time beach/water hunting..
Used the Anfibio Multi ..
Stock coil
Freq. 20
Beach Mode
Manual GB 00..on Wet Sand
Changed to 2 tone
Stock settings except cranked sensitivity up to 90..some chatter on wet sand..
Really impressed with the depth on the AMulti in the dry sand...most clad found was in the 4 - 10" range..
But was pulling square tabs/old bottle caps and several clads 12 inches easily with good tone....couple flattened alum.soft drink cans down past my elbow ...
But when started to hunt in water all I got was a high squeal...dropped sens. to 80 same thing....disappointing with the water results..(figured I had the AMulti set up wrong for water hunting?) Perhaps some of you Guys that do a lot of water hunting can tell me why the constant squealing with coil submerged in water..
Found 4-5 $ in clad and beach is a little cleaner with all the trash pulled

It was overloading, in the water you have to use Beach mode(my experience). I had to turn the sensitivity down before putting it in the water and then turn it up after I had the coil submerged.(from what I remember) Don't know why it worked that way. I'm headed to the beach this weekend and will keep better notes this time.

1) There is dry sand/beach hunting
2) There is wet sand/beach hunting
3) There is submerged coil /beach hunting..
Correct?
Thank you for your time joe

Joseph in Alabama said:
1) There is dry sand/beach hunting
2) There is wet sand/beach hunting
3) There is submerged coil /beach hunting..
Correct?
Thank you for your time joe

(1) Dry beach hunting use whatever mode and whatever gain/disc level you want. I used three tone, gain at 89 and disc at 15.
(2) Wet sand/beach hunting, I had to use Beach mode, ground balanced to 00 and disc at 15 to run stable( I like to run more on the stable/quiet gain set to 89)
(3) Submerged in the saltwater. I used Beach mode, ground balance to 00, disc at 15(this disc level helps settle the machine down.)Also set the gain to around 50 before you submerge the coil and then you can turn up the gain to whatever suits you. Adjusting your ground balance to 00 will limit your depth, but my detector ran stable in the salt water and I did find some coins. Just my findings
Chuck