Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Anfibio, frequency and EMI

IowaRelic

At some point I want to get a Nokta Makro machine with selectable frequency. I would probably choose the Anfibio or the Impact with the 11” round coil.

I have a 19khz machine that I use in an extreme EMI site. It handles emi very well. Do the Nokta Makro machines at 19 and 20 kHz handle emi well? Can you run deep mode 19 or 20 kHz? What kind of depth is reasonable in mild soil in deep mode? My current machine will whisper on a 12” .58 bullet with a 13” coil. Without headphones they are tough to hear.
I know we all talk about depth, and in a lot of sites, raw depth isn’t a huge help. This site however, and others nearby, ALL the finds are over 10” deep in sand soil. Emi is extreme due to large over head lines.
I understand they are hot machines, I prefer that. It is hard to find good solid info in forums or on YouTube about higher frequency operation, testing and such..

Just got my Anfibio and still learning. If you get one, I'm sure you're aware there is a learning curve. I've just about got the controls manageable but the depth messes me up sometimes. I was on an old school yard today and dug everything from 12" pipe (10") and a pull top at about 13". This machine will go deep but there is the option of adjustable GAIN (Nokta's version of SENSITIVITY), TARGET DEPTH, etc. If you are checking out the Anfibio, here's a link to the Owner's Manuel: https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-content/file-download/anfibio/anfibio-user-manual-en.pdf

I’d imagine a machine like anfibio can keep a person learning for many hours. I still learn a new trick now and then with the t2 even though it’s very simple and I’ve got hundreds of hours on it. I’m mostly interested in 19khz deep mode performance. I got deep low conductors on my favorite sites. And very obnoxious emi.

The Anfibio is a deep machine, if a vlf will hit those targets, it would be a decent choice in my books. As far as emi goes, I have one or two sites that have rendered every machine I have ever taken there - near useless. The Anfibio didn’t fare any better than others I tried at those spots. However, I have used it under heavy power lines and it did well. One thing I have to say about it regarding emi is that my cellphone has created emi issues with it a number of times, especially if it is in my pocket close to control box while swinging the machine.
I really haven’t played around with the deep mode a whole lot except to say that I’ve found 2tone or 4tone mode just as or maybe even deeper than the deep mode, and yes it allows for high kHz settings in those modes.

The Anfibio is a deep machine, if a vlf will hit those targets, it would be a decent choice in my books. As far as emi goes, I have one or two sites that have rendered every machine I have ever taken there - near useless. The Anfibio didn’t fare any better than others I tried at those spots. However, I have used it under heavy power lines and it did well. One thing I have to say about it regarding emi is that my cellphone has created emi issues with it a number of times, especially if it is in my pocket close to control box while swinging the machine.
I really haven’t played around with the deep mode a whole lot except to say that I’ve found 2tone or 4tone mode just as or maybe even deeper than the deep mode, and yes it allows for high kHz settings in those modes.
Thank you for that information. If it’s comparable to a T2SE with EMI then I will likely hold off. The T2 is hampered big time at this site. My 19khz gold bug pro with a 13” coil just lets barely a crackle through. However the finds are at its very fringe of detection. What I really need is a souped up 19khz that will punch deep. I may just get a G2+ and see how it does.

I’d imagine a machine like anfibio can keep a person learning for many hours. I still learn a new trick now and then with the t2 even though it’s very simple and I’ve got hundreds of hours on it. I’m mostly interested in 19khz deep mode performance. I got deep low conductors on my favorite sites. And very obnoxious emi.
The Anfibio, like any other make or model, should always keep us learning something because there's always something left for a consumer to lean and understand and master. The Teknetics T2 series is the same, nd I have owned a number of them since they came out 14 years ago. I've done what I could to help others better understand the T2's with bP mode, or those who have certain 'habits' of audio tone-mode selection. For example, I've met Coin Hunters who start taking on some older-use sites with a lot or nails and other dense ferrous debris, and in thiose cases you do NOT want to use the 3b or dP search modes because they really hamper the unmasking ability of theT2.

As for 'Deep' mode performance of the Nokta / Makro products, which would be comparable to the bP
(Boost Process) function on the T2+, for example, I have found it to work quite well in the right site environment. I've used it when called upon with the 19 kHz FORS Relic, and with the 14 kHz Racer 2, and the Selectable Frequency Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio 19 and Anfibio Multi using their default 14 kHz and selectable 19 or 20 kHz frequency.

What kind of targets on your sites are "low conductors" that you are seeking? What kind of honest depth are those targets when you say they are located 'deep'? Are those sites with deeper-positioned keepers very trashy or have a lot of Iron debris? What type of ground mineral make-up are you working in?

If it’s comparable to a T2SE with EMI then I will likely hold off. The T2 is hampered big time at this site. My 19khz gold bug pro with a 13” coil just lets barely a crackle through. However the finds are at its very fringe of detection. What I really need is a souped up 19khz that will punch deep. I may just get a G2+ and see how it does.
NONE of any of my Nokta or Makro devices have had the EMI issues I have experienced with any of the different T2 series models, from the 'original' T2to the T2 SE, T2 'Classic' and more recent T2+. I have a Fisher F44 that I use occasionally, but mainly as a loaner-unit, and it is one of the least-EMI affected FTP products I've used. All my T2's, Omega 8000's, Fisher Gold Bug Pro's, and F19's and their twin Teknetics G2 and G2+ models, the Euro-Tec Pro and a couple of others have been some of the most bothered detectors I've owned when it coms to EMI.

Also, comparing all of those FTP 19 kHz models, although they did improve the F19 / G2+ a little over the Gold Bug Pro & G2 when it came to detection depth, they still haven't been all that impressive to me when I have compared other makes and models in the 18 kHz to 20 kHz frequency range. The key to using any of the 'bP' or 'Deep' search modes is working the search coils a bit more slowly and methodically. A faster sweep can have a negative impact on performance. Also, they will perform at their best when not used in a trashier environment because a lot of nearby trash, especially shallower, is going to mask or have a bad impact on any detector's performance on nearby and/or deeper positioned desirables. Match the search mode and settings to the environment conditions and things can work in your favor. I'd take my Nokta Relic or Impact any day over the competition.

Monte

The Anfibio, like any other make or model, should always keep us learning something because there's always something left for a consumer to lean and understand and master. The Teknetics T2 series is the same, nd I have owned a number of them since they came out 14 years ago. I've done what I could to help others better understand the T2's with bP mode, or those who have certain 'habits' of audio tone-mode selection. For example, I've met Coin Hunters who start taking on some older-use sites with a lot or nails and other dense ferrous debris, and in thiose cases you do NOT want to use the 3b or dP search modes because they really hamper the unmasking ability of theT2.

As for 'Deep' mode performance of the Nokta / Makro products, which would be comparable to the bP
(Boost Process) function on the T2+, for example, I have found it to work quite well in the right site environment. I've used it when called upon with the 19 kHz FORS Relic, and with the 14 kHz Racer 2, and the Selectable Frequency Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio 19 and Anfibio Multi using their default 14 kHz and selectable 19 or 20 kHz frequency.

What kind of targets on your sites are "low conductors" that you are seeking? What kind of honest depth are those targets when you say they are located 'deep'? Are those sites with deeper-positioned keepers very trashy or have a lot of Iron debris? What type of ground mineral make-up are you working in?

NONE of any of my Nokta or Makro devices have had the EMI issues I have experienced with any of the different T2 series models, from the 'original' T2to the T2 SE, T2 'Classic' and more recent T2+. I have a Fisher F44 that I use occasionally, but mainly as a loaner-unit, and it is one of the least-EMI affected FTP products I've used. All my T2's, Omega 8000's, Fisher Gold Bug Pro's, and F19's and their twin Teknetics G2 and G2+ models, the Euro-Tec Pro and a couple of others have been some of the most bothered detectors I've owned when it coms to EMI.

Also, comparing all of those FTP 19 kHz models, although they did improve the F19 / G2+ a little over the Gold Bug Pro & G2 when it came to detection depth, they still haven't been all that impressive to me when I have compared other makes and models in the 18 kHz to 20 kHz frequency range. The key to using any of the 'bP' or 'Deep' search modes is working the search coils a bit more slowly and methodically. A faster sweep can have a negative impact on performance. Also, they will perform at their best when not used in a trashier environment because a lot of nearby trash, especially shallower, is going to mask or have a bad impact on any detector's performance on nearby and/or deeper positioned desirables. Match the search mode and settings to the environment conditions and things can work in your favor. I'd take my Nokta Relic or Impact any day over the competition.

Monte
Thanks for the reply, Monte. Here is a rundown of the site. There is a transformer station less than 1/2 mile away , a set of 6 large power lines running from there right through the site. It is gulf coast environment with pine and cypress woods. The soil is low-moderate mineral, pure sand. Either brown, gray or white. Actually my machines all go deeper here. There is large areas with deep pine straw on the ground. Most areas have very low trash concentration, with the exception of a couple spots. The main targets to acquire here are CW battle relics. My main find is varieties of CW bullets. I can confirm without exaggeration to have recovered a 14” bullet in BP with stock coil on the T2SE. I would say 8 times out of 10 the find will be at 10-12 inches. I have taken a ruler when testing the simplex, to verify depth, other wise the F Pulse is used to check depth. There is usually 2-4” above it when the targets recovered. I have tuned my ear to a very signature sound from the goldbug. The T2 stays in the truck anywhere around those power lines. Gold bug pro with cors strike 12x13 can run wide open. This site demands a higher kHz and requires a punch to get down to the goods. It’s very fun to hunt and watch people give up under those lines while the GBP is scraping up lead left and right.