Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Artillery is coming (War of 1812)...or at least their Buttons & Buckles

doninbrewster

Went back to the site of the 1746 George II and other items. Found some neat buttons. The corps buttons are from the war of 1812 and the one with the eagle on the cannon is c.1814-1821. The last one was found working the yard realllllly sloooooooow. I love finding old buttons.

Don, Very nice buttons, I love finding ones with a design on them. Look at this one I found in NJ on May 22 (see my post). Exactly like yours. It was the only thing I found in that crop field that day.

wow, super finds. dug up a handful of buttons over the past month or so, and a buckle just like yours.
very interesting. i love digging the buttons as well, yet to hit two the same. keeps it interesting ...

jabbo said:
Don, Very nice buttons, I love finding ones with a design on them. Look at this one I found in NJ on May 22 (see my post). Exactly like yours. It was the only thing I found in that crop field that day.

Jabbo, they do look like they are identical. I'm still waiting for that inaugural button. I did find a nice early navy button shown here.

Don, another great button! You're cleaning up there.

That artillery button is awesome! Nice find. I found a war of 1812 rifle regiment button myself. My fav find.