Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the AT Pro's turn to shine

larbear

Over the week of Thanksgiving, I went on several hunts and was lucky to find gold and silver. That was with the F70. Last Saturday was the AT Pro's turn to shine.

It was raining as I left the house and was supposed to rain intermittenly throughout the day. That was OK as I had the AT Pro ready to go. Drove to a middle school sports field and started walking across the field to where I wanted to start searching. Turned on the Pro and ground balanced before I started walking. Swinging the Pro as I was walking, I got a beep and stopped to check it out. Saw a small silver colored chain lying on the ground. Picked it up and saw that it had a shoe charm on it. Didn't see any mark on the shoe, but after I got home I looked at it with the magnifying glass and the clasp had a 925 Italy mark on it.

The next finds were some clad coins and trash. Then I got an 87 signal on the Pro, figured I was over a quarter. Turned out to be a lizard or salamander ring. I saw some markings but couldn't make them out, they were too faint. Even after checking it later with the magnifying glass, I still couldn't make out the markings for sure. Since it gave me an 87 signal, I am thinking it is 925.

After that, a car marked SECURITY pulled up right behind my car and it stayed there for about 10 minutes. I was about 100 yards away out in the field and thought I might get approached by a Security officer, but they just stayed in the car and finally drove off.

Next good find was the ring with the knot. Gave me a high VDI signal, once again I couldn't see any markings. But later at home, I was able to find a 925 mark.

A little while after finding the knot ring, I decided to go down the road a few miles and search an elementary school that I have spent time at before. It dates back to 1931 and I had found some silver here before, but not any gold except for the plated variety. I was finding some more clad and trash, and then got a 47 signal. I definitely wanted to check that one out, even though it is usually foil or some other trash. Down about 3 inches I saw that I had found a ring and it was looking like it might possibly be gold. No markings on the inside of the band that I could see. Later at home I saw a 14K mark, very faint, it was almost wore off. It is a very small size ring but goes on my wife's little finger. She did not try to claim it for her own.

One of the nickels I found was a '41, a little too old to be a war nickel. I was using the stock coil, disc was at 35, pro zero, full sensitivity. I hope to get out again this next weekend before we get any snow. GL & HH.

fantastic hunt!

Great findscwith the ATpro! Seems you need to bring some stronger reading glasses next time though.

Dang said:
Great findscwith the ATpro! Seems you need to bring some stronger reading glasses next time though.
You got that right Dang! Some of those marks on the jewelry are real small and sometimes they are almost wore off!