Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The best laid plans.

cwilk

I decided to hit a few places where I've found some older coins. Not a lot of clad at any of them, really. The theme to my return to treasure hunting seems to be that I can't remember when I should be hitting various sites. That continued but it was a bit of a lemonade from lemons thing. I woke up extra early and arrived at site one just before dawn. Early! I passed the other two places on the way there figuring I'd hit them on the way home. First dig was a buffalo nickel. Dig two was a wheat. Dig three was an IH cent. Then that ornate buckle thing. Then the valve handle. Then the people arrived. Before 7am! Isn't that a little early for practice? The coach asked me what I was doing, I told him, he said he wanted to use the field, I said that's fine, I began to pack up my gear. Around this time a man approached and asked me what was going on. I told him. He asked me if the coach was pleasant to me and that he has a reputation for being a hot head. I replied that he was fine. He then told me about a spot right around the corner that I should try. It did sound good, but too new for old coins. I figured I would check it out, though. It took me half an hour to clear a little 10x10 square of the place of coins and pull tabs. It was loaded! Did not find any jewelry, which surprised me a bit. Lots of junk. I eventually notched out more than I probably should have, but I was trying to save my knees. I hit it hard for 3 hours and drove straight home!

Chris

The IH cent is under the seat of my car. I must go find it!

Very nice hunt Chris

Well when one door closes, sometimes another opens. You got a good tip on that spot.

Looks like a great day to me and you can go back and hit the ball field another day. Nice of the man to make sure you were treated fairly and turn you on to another spot to detect.