Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The best of my finds from a tough year 2020

CT Todd

I really can’t complain about my finds this year it was better than average even in tough social conditions. I spent my first 10 plus years as a lone wolf detectorist and in the last 10 years have really enjoyed the meeting of other detectorists while detecting and giving classes. The group hunts and great close friends I’ve made are now a part of my detecting that I truly enjoy and don’t like to do without. So 2020 was a bitch. We cut it about as close as possible getting out of England this spring 3 days before shutdown. Too close. Missed a bunch of events that were canceled. Anyway. The stats. I dug about 25 coppers fty in the usa. 5 Reale’s (my favorite thing to dig), a couple shoe buckles and all the normal Super Spoiled Northeast detectorist finds. Lastly was the Colonial Gold Ring which was off the chart and I’m proud to have found it. One note to the new guys, this hobby can at times be frustrating. You see all these great finds posted every day and wonder why you’re not getting great stuff. The thing to remember is you don’t see the posts when the guys find nothing. You only see the great stuff. Also keep in mind that you can’t find things that simply aren’t there in your area. I do tons of research and live in the northeast which is a big help. The best tip I can give is do research, learn your machine and be Relentless. My ring was a simple target that everyone here would have dug. I got over it first. That’s all. Your day will come.
Come on 2021!!
Get out there.

Attachments

• F6E2C7AE-DDFA-4660-BB3D-3E01A014EED5.jpeg
    F6E2C7AE-DDFA-4660-BB3D-3E01A014EED5.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 141