Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The BH coils that were build by Teknetics in the 1980's

Happy_Hour

How does one tell the difference between the older ones and the newer ones.

Do you mean the round 8 inch concentric coils?

Easiest way is to go on Amazon and search for the Bounty Hunter Lone Star

That should bring up a page with the top two being....

#1 The "Bounty Hunter Lone Star Pro" (7.7khz new model)

#2 The "Bounty Hunter Lone Star" (6.6khz old model)

If you look at both of the coils....they look identical other then the bottom below the coil ears where the rod attaches.

The older 6.6khz models have a flare to them that points outwards or side-to-side....while the newer 7.7khz models do not and go more up and down.

The older models also have smaller support beams at the 10 and 2 positions. The newer models are much thicker.

Yup, My Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 came from the factory with a 8" concentric Teknetics coil. I didn't realize it until I tried buying a coil cover for it.

Happy_Hour said:
How does one tell the difference between the older ones and the newer ones.

The George Payne Bounty Hunter coils of the mid to late 1980s had a push and twist plastic connector. As did the big box Teknetics. They were interchangeable.
The First Texas Bounty Hunter coils that came later have a push in connector. These later coils will work with the GP 1980s BHs. Simply push in the connector.

Hi,
I am looking for a 13" coil with a push in connector for my BH QDP. but I cannot seem to find a compatible coil.
can anyone direct me to a 13" coil?
thanks.

not sure of a 13 inch coil
but there is a 10 or 11 inch
the older ones have a grey cable
and still be found if you advertise