Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The closet queen scorpion came out of hiding todayšŸ¤£

bulletman

We moved back to Arizona 1 year ago. Have done some prospecting with the gold bug with limited results. Have decided to resurrect the old Scorpion and use it just for fun and recollection. Got on line today and actually found a 3x7 new coil for the old machine. Couldnā€™t resist, had to purchase that rare coil. We old timers never give up on the old technology. The ā€œWhiz Bangsā€ detectors with computers, gps, and Facebook are OK in my book, but thereā€™s nothing quite like the old creations of Charles Garrett.

What? You dont have a machine with a phone mount so you can FaceTime with your peeps???? Cup holder? Toilet paper holder??
Yup, put on the headphones and seek treasure and solstice.

What? You dont have a machine with a phone mount so you can FaceTime with your peeps???? Cup holder? Toilet paper holder??
Yup, put on the headphones and seek treasure and solstice.

Yes Sir. The best days of this hobby weā€™re back in the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s. We were viewed as ā€œgeeksā€ or ā€œnerdsā€ who looked for treasure with those contraptions. The hobby was truly blossoming because men like Charles Garrett were passionate about this hobby. Organized hunts were everywhere. I used to go down to Muskogee Oklahoma to the Three Forks Club hunts. They would give away dozens of detectors and many other prizes at those hunts. Hundreds of like minded folks would show up at those hunts from all across this country. I wish I could go back in time and relive those timesšŸ‘šŸ‘.

Yes Sir. The best days of this hobby weā€™re back in the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s. We were viewed as ā€œgeeksā€ or ā€œnerdsā€ who looked for treasure with those contraptions. The hobby was truly blossoming because men like Charles Garrett were passionate about this hobby. Organized hunts were everywhere. I used to go down to Muskogee Oklahoma to the Three Forks Club hunts. They would give away dozens of detectors and many other prizes at those hunts. Hundreds of like minded folks would show up at those hunts from all across this country. I wish I could go back in time and relive those timesšŸ‘šŸ‘.

Yes indeedy, Bulletman:! The 80's & 90's were my detecting years--Tired myself out many times detecting all day but sure had fun, too! Good Memories except for the divorce but the bad also fades away with the good when we are Jesus Believers & lean on & trust in Him & waiting patiently for Him to rapture us up into the air to enter God's Glorious & Peaceful Kingdom! Ma

Well for me it was the late sixties and then all the seventies and eighties that were the prime time for my detecting. Dealing with some late-in-life health issues now, but I have the pleasure of so mNy terrific memories to reflect on.

One is remembering my Scorpion Gold Stinger and I'm glad you still have one. Once I am mended and spring arrives I hope to be moved back home to Utah and I am going to treat myself to a new Garrett Goldmaster 24K.

Monte

Yes indeedy, Bulletman:! The 80's & 90's were my detecting years--Tired myself out many times detecting all day but sure had fun, too! Good Memories except for the divorce but the bad also fades away with the good when we are Jesus Believers & lean on & trust in Him & waiting patiently for Him to rapture us up into the air to enter God's Glorious & Peaceful Kingdom! Ma

Funny, I look at old people, then realize Iā€™m the same agešŸ¤£.

Well for me it was the late sixties and then all the seventies and eighties that were the prime time for my detecting. Dealing with some late-in-life health issues now, but I have the pleasure of so mNy terrific memories to reflect on.

One is remembering my Scorpion Gold Stinger and I'm glad you still have one. Once I am mended and spring arrives I hope to be moved back home to Utah and I am going to treat myself to a new Garrett Goldmaster 24K.

Monte

My very first detector was in my high school years, late 70ā€™s. Didnā€™t have much time for it, as girls were on my brainšŸ˜