Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the CoRe scored big today

greaser

I hit a local yard for an hour and a half today and dug the find of the year so far.
Its a 1866 2 cent piece. Woooo hooo I am so crazy happy right now.

Just curious what search coil was used; what the settings were; and if any other old coins or period artifacts were also recovered.

Congrats on your 2¢ find.

Monte

Very nice find. Let us all know what mode you were hunting in, the depth you found the coin and your settings on the machine so maybe we can all find something as
neat as that. We learn best from each other

Nice digs! Wow

Nice greaser!

Ok sorry about that I just had to throw it up quick last night.

My settings were,
Di3
Ground Balance=72
Sensitivity=40
Discrimination=20
It was hitting 86/87VDI
And was approximately 4/5 inches deep.
I was digging memorials at 7 inches in the same yard, thr owner said there was a lilac bush there before so that is the only reason I can think of it being so shallow.
Lots of iron here is the trash I dug. All of the nails were found in the hole with a coin again the CoRes separation is amazing.

Thanks guys this is by far my oldest find so far. I am still stoked about it.

Ok sorry about that I just had to throw it up quick last night.

My settings were,
Di3
Ground Balance=72
Sensitivity=40
Discrimination=20
It was hitting 86/87VDI
And was approximately 4/5 inches deep.
I was digging memorials at 7 inches in the same yard, thr owner said there was a lilac bush there before so that is the only reason I can think of it being so shallow.
Lots of iron here is the trash I dug.

All of the nails were found in the hole with a coin again the CoRes separation is amazing.

Thanks guys this is by far my oldest find so far. I am still stoked about it.

Again another oldie found at shallow depth. I'm seeing a trend with CoRe and Racer. I expect to see even more great shallower finds too.

Greaser, after doing some recommended testing and personal self improvement time with the machine, I see what Monte and others are talking about.

And is this...when pinpointing over an "iffy signal", or my trademarked "trickies", pull the coil back fairly slow. But not too slow. A good non ferrous signal gives a distinct "drop off" in sound. Whereas iron will "fade out" in audio signal. Or at least that is what I just learned the other day first hand.

Bubba

I use the Nokia logo on the front of the coil as an indicator. I pin point to the center of the coil with the loudest reading,
Then draw the coil backward until the signal starts to drop off. Bubba direct is right on junk target has a different drop off
sound than a coin.

In parks and sports fields I'm digging like 25 Penney' a day. Not that I want to dig penny's, it's is great practice to learn
The sounds, VDI and pin pointing techniques of this machine.

The honest truth is the Force Core has not done anything that my AT Pro cannot do. Please remember I have all of 2.5
Hours of experience with the Force. I'm not knocking the machine, just stating the obvious. I need to hunt where the
Deep stuff lives. That will happen eventually. Don't worry---------Be Happy. Sure beats working for a living.

GOOD LUCK ----- HAPPY HUNTING. PLEAS LEAVE A RING AFTER THE BEEP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nokia Force Core
AT Pro
Minelab CTX 3030
Whites DFX
EXCALIBUR II 1000
Fisher F2
Fisher Gold Bug II
TESORO COMPADRE
Garrett Pro Pointer x 2
Trunk load of coils