Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the Cortes

Love it, eaqualy as sensitive as the compadre, depth is allright, close or eaqual to the vaquero. It is not what I expected, it is the best of all current Tesoros put together imho. As far as an id detector, it is designed more for finding gold jewelry. Iron reads 0, penny and up read 95, however the id segments will still give a bit of an indication (penny/quarter/half dollar). I Like playing the guesing game on targets before I dig, the id is accurate enough that I can 9 out of 10 times guess it right every time in a park. ID numbers still work in all-metal.

Cons - lacks audio of older Tesoros, sounds more like a compadre and no tones unless you have the patience to play with sum mode. The infamous small screen and gb doesn't carry into all-metal. Iron won't give a depth readout, doesn't effect me though, I'm used to listening to the audio for depth. Some might say it is outdated and maybe it is. Works for me. Can't see myself buying another beep dig unit other than for a specific reason.

I pretty much agree with the above. I like mine and it gives more depth than my other umax versions. The display definitely could be larger, but it's pretty accurate.
BB

I'll de-lurk and pile on too. Only had the Cortes for a few weeks but everything thump7 says is right on.

I'm using the 7-inch Wide scan coil and feel like it has plenty of depth. It does love itself some crushed cans though.
Haven't found the trick with those yet because they ID like a quarter.

It's been nice to not be thumbing the Disc knob for a change. I just run it between iron & foil and use the graph display.
The display is small but pretty readable with my progressive lenses. Not really much worse than my Garrett 1350.

In all-metal it's bothered by EMI; one park has a stack of low power lines that are a pain to be near. Not too much of a problem since I run with Disc anyway.

Weight wise I'm not feeling a huge difference compared to a Vaq.

So far I'm thinking it's a great coin machine and only just starting to learn it.

HH

Hey Guys! I just got one. I have ran jut about every other Tesoro MD'S out there. Not this one though? Has any one tried running the Threshold Very Low so that when it hits I hits hard? I ran my Vaquero that way, Beale.

I always run my threshold at just audible. Seems to work well that way.
BB

mudfoot said:
It does love itself some crushed cans though.Haven't found the trick with those yet because they ID like a quarter.

If your having trouble with flattened cans try switching to all metal and checking the width of the target by audio. Small targets will have a short more pop like sound if you sweep the coil at regular speed, and bigger targets will have a long drawn out sound. At least that's the case on my Bandido. Using this method I've found that I can pick out small targets and pretty much hone in on what they are. It took some practice, but the difference in target sounds in AM with the Bandido is awesome. Not sure if the Cortes is the same, but food for thought. Can slaw is a another matter though...(small pieces)

I'd love to try a Cortes..

Thanks Mike. I'll try that next time I get out.

One thing I learned in hunting parks is that if I'm getting a good signal and the screen is saying a depth of 8 or 9 inches it's most likely a can.

We can only use screwdrivers to park hunt and I managed to get down that far 3 times only to find cans. I do need to get better at sizing like you're suggesting.