Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The CTX 3030

Had the opportunity to try the CTX 3030 at the event this past weekend in New Jersey and it was interesting to play with. Something that several of us noted that surprised us was that if you are wearing polarized sunglasses

Don't drive certain models of luxury cars, the dashboard instruments are covered with polarized plastic and wearing polarized sunglasses will block your view of all the instruments......

I can't wear polarized lenses, makes my eyes hurt. So no problem for me.

Once again, the CTX 3030 may not be for you. Randy says that his "shades" don't cause any problems whatsoever and I tend to believe things he says. How many more "faults" are you going to post in this forum? Amazing how many "problems" you have found in such a short time that others haven't noticed in extensive testing. Maybe Minelab has an opening for an extremely observative individual such as yourself. Let's stop trolling here. If you have something interesting to add, please feel free as we are all eager to hear it but starting multiple threads about "problems" you have found after no time at all is NOT CONSTRUCTIVE. Not bashing you, just sayin" HH -Marc

I know I have trouble seeing my iPhone with polarized glasses so I lift them up if I need to see. No biggie.

And "if" I have trouble seeing the CTX I'll just buy some non-polarized ones....problem solved.

There is no way I'm going to let something so trivial and easily worked around stop me from buying this revolutionary detector.

I may have been a bit harsh in my words, sorry. Polarized sunglasses are a problem with many digital screens so your observation may be correct, I don't know as I haven't used a CTX yet but the easy fix is to not wear polarized sunny's. I'll try to be a little less defensive in my responses but lately it's hard to tell a troll from a genuine individual. Sorry if I offended you and thanks for sharing your experience with the CTX. HH -Marc