Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Curse of Oak Island are you watching?

Minas man

The Boy's over on the the CTX 3030 forum are buzzing as they saw a glimpse of there detector on the show. Here is what I posted on there forum with and there is a Tesoro twist.
I live just a little over an hour away from Oak Island and this past fall happened to meet a diver that went down the hole in this series. He was sworn to secrecy so he could revel nothing.
The first show aired here in Nova Scotia last night Sunday Jan 26. on the History Channel and it reveled about as much as the diver that I met.:confused: When we talked I mentioned that I was into metal detecting, and he said that he had a Tesoro Tiger Shark and I Laughed as I have a Tesoro Vaquero. Don't know if he uses the detector when he dives in the show so will have to wait till the end of the show to find out what he finds down in the flooded Money Pit .
I will have to stay away from this forum or people will have to say" spoiler alert "when talking about what has happened on the show.
The mystery of the elaborate earth works is what gets me as you do not build a sub-terrain structure for nothing.
As a boy I new a sea captain that took an American expedition to another island and they recovered $50000 in gold, this was back in the 1950's $35 per oz about 1.7 milion now, so there is treasure around here for sure.

Minas man

its just a viking ship that turned up and sank they will find no treasure. they love the mystery but it is just a old viking ship a man from India has documented this but some keep pushing the treasure story,

kaolinwasher said:
its just a viking ship that turned up and sank they will find no treasure. they love the mystery but it is just a old viking ship a man from India has documented this but some keep pushing the treasure story,
Have not heard that theory before. I am a shipwright, wooden boat builder, by trade so I will be watching with interest to see any evidence of this. Shipwrights or Ship carpenters would employ the same techniques of ship building in the construction of other structures.

Minas man

I cant wait to see what the CTX was hitting on after they mashed it into the mud ,i hope its not a trash can lid

Hear is the link to the video , explaining a theory different than the treasure Idea, It seems to make more sense (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvK1qdYzMdY )

Hi Minus man, I can't help but wonder if there has ever been any "surface" type effort made to locate the years of evidence of those who did the massive job of "whatever" took place on the island? Any 'Archies" been around doing their thing? Maybe the "builders" lived totally onboard their ships, leaving little evidence of their presence, or maybe they systematically filled the hole with their "garbage" as it was completed. Not likely, but maybe. It is very unlikely likely they would have left no evidence at all of their lengthy presence on the island. That should be a huge story in of itself and any info about them could certainly aid in knowing more about the highly advanced techno folks that created the mystery. I do hope we can all remember and Pray for no more folks to die because of that Mystery. Riches are not worth dying for whether or not they come from digging big holes or little ones (like us detector folks). HH, Charlie

kaolinwasher said:
Hear is the link to the video , explaining a theory different than the treasure Idea, It seems to make more sense (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvK1qdYzMdY )

fowlercharles said:
Hi Minus man, I can't help but wonder if there has ever been any "surface" type effort made to locate the years of evidence of those who did the massive job of "whatever" took place on the island? Any 'Archies" been around doing their thing? Maybe the "builders" lived totally onboard their ships, leaving little evidence of their presence, or maybe they systematically filled the hole with their "garbage" as it was completed. Not likely, but maybe. It is very unlikely likely they would have left no evidence at all of their lengthy presence on the island. That should be a huge story in of itself and any info about them could certainly aid in knowing more about the highly advanced techno folks that created the mystery. I do hope we can all remember and Pray for no more folks to die because of that Mystery. Riches are not worth dying for whether or not they come from digging big holes or little ones (like us detector folks). HH, Charlie
Very good points Charlie I agree there must be evidence of daily life somewhere on the site or close by. My ancestor was one of the founding family's of the near by town of Mahone Bay the mid 1700's and I can go to the museum there and see his desk living room furniture and even a very early bible that he brought from Germany, point being that there is evidence.
All this area was inhabited by a native population before this time so they would be the people group that would know, if there is anything to know.
Geographically Oak Island is a few miles south from the mouth of the Gold river, where there is, you guessed it gold, and it is the location of a native reservation.
I am in agreement and pray that no one else die overs this. Just spoke to my sister this afternoon and she toured Oak Island this past summer with some of the people that were seen on the show. She also knows people that live in the area and there are many many rumors and for me to write them well it would just be gossip and I am not going to perpetuate that.
I am in no way an authority on this subject just looking and listening like the rest of you but my ear happens to be a little closer than most on the forum.
The show is selling adventure and mystery and invites us to come along each week for the ride.

Minas man

Absolutely Minus man, the Oak Island mystery has plenty to offer in the way of adventure and mystery. I have been watching it for many years and it can't help but boggle our minds with it's unusual new discoveries and developments. Whatever the mystery it is without a doubt , a real one.

I am a CTX owner, I saw the last show. The hit registered as a 19 and I didn't see the second #. When I get a hit on gold it is usually a 12/ with a high conductive # 36 to 40 depending of course on size of ring and weight. The guy that got the hit said he thinks it is a good hit, like gold or silver. That is the way I took it, I could be wrong. What do you guys think?