Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Day Before Yesterday

RSB

Today, Salt Lake City is under snow again but that is not the way it was the day before yesterday. The shadow areas in the local park were frozen but not the exposed areas under the bright sun. They were good to go so I started swinging my trusty 2500. After a short time, I got a .50-cent signal, coin size at 4 inches. I don't get half dollar signals very often so I started paying attention to what I was doing. I did Monte's "Edge Pass Rejection" maneuver and Uncle Willy's "Twitch" and the signal remained firmly anchored at the half dollar mark. I would have to be careful recovering this silver half so I made a clean "U" shaped incision and folded the plug back. I put the Pro-Pointer in the bottom of the hole and it let out a steady tone, indicating it was touching or very close to a coin. I was careful with the Pro-Pointer so I wouldn't scratch this early, silver half dollar that was much more valuable than its melt value. The second pass in the dirt turned the coin vertically and exposed a silver edge. I carefully removed the coin and examined a 1973 Canadian quarter. My first thought was "This is the one that got away from John-Edmonton. I should send it back to him". Anyway, I came home with that warm glow of success after finding a dozen or so coins and three silver rings.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I have read about Uncle Willy's "Twitch", but not Monte's "Edge Pass Regection". congratulations on the coins and the rings.

Congrats on the finds .... today its 67

tommorrow maybe 34 oh well ANY chance to get out
is good

THINK SPRING

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

Nice hunt!:garrett::detecting:Congrats on the silver!:beers: Happy Hunting!:)