Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Deus coughs up BIG SILVER WaHooo!!!

Got out Sunday of the Memorial Day weekend to a place we call Area Dirty-One and had a 4 hour blast before the heat index chased me and my buddy off.

We decided to hit an area of the property that is that rich black swamp type dirt. Even that is starting to get hard to dig in, but it didn't stop us at all. Man we sure need the rain to soften things up. We've been over this are before with the E-Trac's and the 15" coils and not sure how we missed what we found. Right off the get go Greg pulled a nice Gold ring, but after further inspection of it we found it to be plated. Still, a ring is a ring.

Awhile later I got an ear blasting signal and seeing that the depth was indicating fairly shallow, I just stuck the spade in nearby and popped it a little just to break the soil. Stuck the Pro-Pointer in and was able to retrieve it within 3" of the surface. Imagine my look when I noticed it was the '34 Walking Liberty laying in my hand. I ended up with a Wheatie, a bit of clad and some artifacts :biggrin:

Hope everyone had a successfull weekend and was able to hunt and stay cool.

cant beat some nasty black silt for finds .what GB setting did you use ?
deus loves silver like crazy .
i have a ingot of 99% pure and it eats it up

Congrat on the WL. I got out Sunday and was hoping to spend the afternoon at an old house across the street from an old store that used to be a railroad stop, but the heat was to much. 97 degrees with a heat index in the low 100's. Pretty hot for late May. Looks like some night hunts are in my future.

targets said:
cant beat some nasty black silt for finds .what GB setting did you use ?

That black silt was nasty. Lot of gravel within in it.
Not sure what you're asking as to the GB. I know it was running around 85 and I was running Gmax 12khz
Hope that answers your question. i'm still a newbie with the Deus and am still learning. Area Dirty-one is a good place for me to learn the sounds, as there is some modern trash, rifle cartirdges, clad, and the oldies.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
Congrat on the WL. I got out Sunday and was hoping to spend the afternoon at an old house across the street from an old store that used to be a railroad stop, but the heat was to much. 97 degrees with a heat index in the low 100's. Pretty hot for late May. Looks like some night hunts are in my future.

I know what you mean. We didn't last more than 4 hours and finally packed up and left. Even in the shade there wasn't much relief and defintiely no breeze to speak of.