Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Deus isn’t a deep detector?

Kapok

Had a pretty good day with the Deus and Connecticut Todd’s program. It picked out these three nice coins at a pounded site and all fairly deep. Pretty remarkable that the Deus running at 7 kHz found the 1838 half dime at nearly the depth of my pinpointer. I’ve been using the Deus for a year now and continue to be impressed.

Attachments

• 2ACC6BE1-DB9F-4EBC-9B09-DDC68F97A785.jpeg
    2ACC6BE1-DB9F-4EBC-9B09-DDC68F97A785.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 178
I’m glad that you did well with the program. It is very deep and cuts out a lot of false’s.
Get out there

What program are you running? I’ve been using the XP Deus for 6 months now on fast program on 2 sites in VA I hunt for civil war relics.

Hey buddy, here's one I use and se
What program are you running? I’ve been using the XP Deus for 6 months now on fast program on 2 sites in VA I hunt for civil war relics.
Hey buddy here's one I use and seems to work pretty good. Deus Deep....disc 5.0...4 tones...sens. 95...tx 3...freq. 7.8...iron volume 0...react. 0...silencer --1...no notch. What part of Va. are you in? I'm in Hanover Co.

I think the Deus (and the ORX) are plenty deep.

I heard the opposite, from several Deus owners, the XP sure, the ORX they said they wouldn't hit a dog in the A** with, it only competes with all the mid to low lever coin hunters, biggest complaint is lack of controls and lowest frequency isn't all that low...what I heard:unsure:

Well if you're using the hf coil it will only go down to 13.7 kHz which puts it in the same class as most other single frequency detectors. With the X35 coil you can get down to 3.7 kHz I think. I do wish it had a 4th tone and I would really like the boost mode for the lower frequencies like the Deus has. Its like comparing the Anfibio and the Simplex. I can't really say anything about the depth as I've only used it 4 or 5 times so far.

Well if you're using the hf coil it will only go down to 13.7 kHz which puts it in the same class as most other single frequency detectors. With the X35 coil you can get down to 3.7 kHz I think. I do wish it had a 4th tone and I would really like the boost mode for the lower frequencies like the Deus has. Its like comparing the Anfibio and the Simplex. I can't really say anything about the depth as I've only used it 4 or 5 times so far.

So the coils are like that of an X-Terra705, each specific to the frequency they are designed? Or same coil just change the frequency on the unit or coil?
The Deus is all new to me, and I'm still talking about the ORX model

The ORX and the Deus use the same coils. Each coil has a range of frequencies that you can select. The 9" hf coil goes from 13.7 I think to 56. something. The X35 coils have 35 different frequencies from 3.7 or so up to 27. something.

The ORX and the Deus use the same coils. Each coil has a range of frequencies that you can select. The 9" hf coil goes from 13.7 I think to 56. something. The X35 coils have 35 different frequencies from 3.7 or so up to 27. something.
Great, last question if I'm not bugging you, does the unit automatically scan those frequencies the coil is able to operate, or is the operator adjusting the unit to specific frequencies either manually or through preset menu hunting choices, or....
Thanks for the info

It's a single frequency detector, the user scrolls through the available frequencies and chooses the one to use.

The Deus and ORX use the same coils. Actually the Dues can use 2 early XP coils that the ORX can't use but the latest 4 coils can be used by both. The coils are expensive because they are the detector. The control module and/or wireless headphones mostly control settings like audio, and reactivity. The ORX is every bit as deep as the Dues using the same coils. The Dues has additional settings and features not found on the ORX, like adjustable tone breaks, number of tones, iron vol, silence, etc. The ORX has Iron Vol. Off/On not adjustable. Number of tones and tone breaks are set on the ORX and not adjustable. Depending on the coil selected you have anywhere from about 21 to 35 frequencies you can select. The X35 coils run the lower frequencies while the HF(high Frequency) coils of course run higher like from 14 kHz to 76 kHz for the 5X9.5" HF coil. Hope this helps a little.
NOTE: all Numbers quoted are off the top of my head. I already know some are not exact.

Thank you for explaining that, I think alot of people including myself ( just got an ORX) dont realize the concept of the coils being the main part of the detector and the control unit is your way of setting it up. I am pleased to know that the ORX can be just as good a machine as the Deus, with its limited settings in comparison of course, but Iv found it to be very easy to navigate and I cant believe how light it is! I have the X35 and the 9 round HF coil. All im going to need! Very excited about this machine. I never thought of getting a Deus because of price and I dont like too many things to set up on a detector. The ORX is perfect for me and I was able to get one in mint condition from a fellow club member at a great price.