Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Deus isn’t a deep detector?

I agree with you, treasurechic
The Orx and those 2 coils is all you need. I have those but also the 11” and elliptical. I use the latter quite a bit but not so much the 11” cause I’m a woods hunter. If I could only have 2 it would be the 2 9” rounds. Damn near the perfect machine

Think its deep on a coin? Have hit a tiny gold baby ring and 22cal bullets at 10". The 59kfz really hits deep on the mid to low conductivity targets.

plenty deep unit. Seems the people who say it is not deep have never used one of them or the ORX. When I was a dealer the Deus hit the scene. I was talking to my whites rep and he told me they were fast but were not deep. Now look at what happened to Whites........Go figure. To me the XP machines are the best thing since sliced bread.

The only reason I have ever complained about depth with the Deus and ORX is in high mineralization. That goes for any single frequency VLF detector and is not a specific Deus/ORX issue. I have also said that the Deus and ORX along with every other single frequency VLF detector I've owned or used lose numerical target ID accuracy on low to mid conductors very quickly (at 3 to 4") in moderate to high mineralization, which again is not just a Deus/ORX issue.

The ORX is absolutely one of my favorite VLF detectors for gold prospecting using the HF coils in really bad mineralization. It will hit on extremely tiny gold (1 to 2 millimeter sized) at 4". It won't ID those tiny targets but it lets me know they are there, which is all I need.

In mild to moderate dirt/sand the Deus and ORX will hit extremely deep targets with very informative audio. On quality jewelry, there is nothing like the sound that the Deus and ORX make. So beautiful...........
Jeff

Using 11” LF coil I have dug some DEEP nickels. Using 12khz.
Nothing wrong with Deus depth.
ID at depth not good.
But in the right sites how much junk (modern trash) is deep?
Not much.
Folks who hen this complaint about Deus don’t know how to run and or what to listen for.

Using 11” LF coil I have dug some DEEP nickels. Using 12khz.
Nothing wrong with Deus depth.
ID at depth not good.
But in the right sites how much junk (modern trash) is deep?
Not much.
Folks who hen this complaint about Deus don’t know how to run and or what to listen for.
And what version where you using ?