Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The dreaded Iron Question with some pictures.

Jason in TN

I had to do it just could not stand it any more. The target was swung in front of the coil in the orientation it is held in front of the screen . All were loud and clear except the one you see that ID's as Iron if the nail is laying like this you are out of luck of unless of course you turn your coil a different direction then the Quarter is all yours. These were done in the factory common setting with no changes. Would do three swings and take picture quick before the graph bars faded.

Jason

How about a dime. I am now officially impressed. :super: There was a top bar 22.5 freq but it just fades to fast for me to get the coin back and get a picture. 2.5 bottom bar stays the longest just like it is suppose to.

Jason, how fast are you sweeping? Also are you getting a solid tone in both directions?
Thanks!

spdnj said:
Jason, how fast are you sweeping? Also are you getting a solid tone in both directions?
Thanks!

Solid tone both directions about 1 sec or less to clear the coil one side to the other and Id is good.

If you swing it as fast as you can still tone in both directions fast as I can swing Id drops buy 10 or less in #'S

Jason

The DFX can do lots better recovery test then that with a DD coil and some small adjustments.

Look up the F 75 test and the Explorer test too in the same series. Those have DD coils. And the winner in those tests ofcourse, the XP goldmaxx.

Point is that the machine is in coins mode that is optimised for us coins while the target is a cut hammered thin coin....With a machine like the DFX you will surely not detect for hammered coins in factory preset coins program.

I see on the screen that the depth was 2+ inches or less. Could you repeat the test at differing and increasing depths? I'm curious as to how the display looks when looking at the two targets at a greater depth like maybe 6 to 8+ inches. TIA!!

That is interesting. I just did the same test with the nail turned long ways and found that to get a good tone and exact Quarter Id sweeping from the nail side in factory common program it was a little short of one foot. But with the nail turned that way and close to a foot away it should not be a problem as if you come from a different direction you will be sure to hit the target. Unless you have nails turned long way in every direction at less than a 11in away. May play with the recovery speed adjustment and see how it affects this test. Interesting.

Jason

Brad, Remember he is in the"Common" (low settings) program and some readings will very.

Jerry

Noticed in the video from Regton on the DFX that he was using factory settings, Coin in the recovery test, so never played with the recovery speed settings at all. White's has tended to be conservative with their default settings to ensure a stable experience out of the box.

Would be an interesting test for someone to perform that has "tweaked" their machine.

By going to the discrimination control and adjusting the ground filter to 12.5hz I can reduce distance with good tone and proper ID to 61/2 inches. That is with the test done in video
with nail laying long ways.

Jason

Tried the filters first then to the recovery speed. Set it to one and I will tell you there is nothing out there that can recover that fast with ID HOLY S#!T. I can get the Quarter to ID and tone with the nail long ways still under the side of the coil. Do not know if you can hunt like this or not as it is amazing how fast it will recover. With no nail there it will read the Quarter THREE times as it passes under the coil with good ID. Once on the outside edge once in the middle and again as the other edge passes over the quarter.

Thanks for motivating me to learn this detector. I will be doing alot of testing and do not mind telling you guys my findings. Weather is crappy here and I want to learn what this detector can do.
The more I know the better I will be able to adapt when I can get out to hunt. Only thing I do not want to get into is alot of depth testing we see where that went already. Can tell you all the tools are there to get as much or more depth than any thing out there.

Jason

Thanks Jason! Was very interested in the entire discussion you started here with you first experiment at the top of the thread.

A friend should have a Vision in hand tomorrow and am looking forward to being that close to one.

spdjn,
My little experience with down side of fast response (with different brand of non-ID detector) ... if you get the three hits as you cross over target you got to spend a little more time in pointing or you will have a big hole ... that's a small trade.

Looking forward to hearing more about the TID experience with fast recovery on the Vision.
tvr