Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Eurotek Pro and them nasty cellar holes...been hunting in them alot..

azsh07

First..I do not have a video up yet. Honestly cellar holes are a workout.....and I get focused on the hunt and video shooting gets in my way.....plus wanted to learn a bit more on the Pro in heavy iron and trash. Will try and post one this week or weekend when I go back in.

I am using this with the 11"DD coil so this is the toughest combo, within reason, to use in this type of hunt.....but as I said I don't like to play coil swapola all day. So...I just have learned to use it in trash.

I will say that the Eurotek is one of the better units I have used in this type of detecting....and if price is adjusted to performance well..then the best. If we don't adjust for performance to price then there are slightly better more expensive machines.

The recoevery in iron is fast....to me along the lines of the G2 and GoldBug or an Omega etc.

Since these areas are always loaded with forged iron nails as well as rusty tin and extreme amounts of other iron....detecting them can be a bugger. The Pro just handled them with no problems. Very little falsing high on nails...actually so far...none and that is based on never digging any nails that fooled me....and I dig iffy signals so....I am not cherry picking.

As for larger rusty iron it handles this as well as other machine I would use for this purpose. My personal gauge for this is...THE OX SHOE. How I base this is...if I can call out an ox shoe BEFORE I dig it. If the machine I am using does not perform in a maaner that allows me to do this...then....it is out of the detector fold.

A great unit will allow me to almost 100% of the time call out an ox shoe before I dig it. I don't dig them intentionally all day but...I do dig them when I am evalualting a machine and from time to time just to not get complacent and walk by all similar targets. Now not all targets I call out, in my head, as an ox shoe are ox shoes.....but they will all be similar makeup. Ox shoes are a hand forged iron and when rusty they have a specific sound on a good machine...might be unique to that machine but always able to know.

It handles this group of targets just fine. Easy to tell...when swept over the center it hits real tight in the mid 80's...as you move off center it swaps to the VCO mid and now since it is VCO it starts to scream louder...then as you come off it is jumpy iron. Hence...an Ox Shoe...or any similar iron targets I suppose.

But some machines have problems with these and like to hold on to that higher good signal when cross swept and when moving off target.

Anyway.... as far as recovery speed in dense trash...very good. I was out yesterday in some old colonial spots new to me and right up against the foundation hole. I was picking buttons right out of the nail carpet. Now I am using the 11" DD so not the easiest to do this with,,,,,,but since the buttons are that mid VCO it was easy to hear them mixed in amongst the nails. This is probably the number on type target I find right close to a foundation...that and shotshells and thimbles.

Best part still is so little high falsing in this type hunting and you have to remember we are hunting in dense granite stone packs which can cause a lot of high 90 hits....mix that in with rusty forged nails and some machines it is a nightmare. But...really no problems whatsoever.....oh a few rare blips but honestly almost never a solid high hit that was crap. Exception to this is the rare really hot piece of granite and those are easy to ID...they pinpoint like poop...either going null or are mushy and large. even so MAYBE I get one or two of those per hour and again considering the PILES of granite rocks I hunt around...that is very good.

If I can I may try a video...but rain is coming this week so we will see.

Will be interested in what others see with the 8" concentric coil. I will probably get this one to use in cellars since I can also use it away from them in the surrounding woods. Whereas the 5" is worthless to me when I move away into the woods.
scott

Good write up Scott, thanks.----Have you tried the 5 X 10" DD on the Euro yet?----That's a great performing coil on the GB Pro/G2.----Be interesting to hear how it does on the Eurotek Pro.-----One of the neat things about this machine is that you can inter-change coils off of the Greek series & GB Pro/G2 (the way I understand it).-----Anyway, I'm interested to hear a report how the 5 X 10 DD performs on this detector.---I'm sold on DD's--it wouldn't get quite the depth of the 11" but would get better coverage than the 5".

I was looking at that because....one thing I actually hate about the 11" DD is it is rear mounted verses center mounted. Love the coil accept for that. If you bushwhack like I do center mounted coils stay put a lot better. Since the day they came out with the 11" DD way back on the T2 that one thing drove me nuts.
Reason why I end buying an NEL is for that reason. Sounds stupid but juts don't like rear mounted coils

Yeah, I know what you mean.--I don't like coil ears that mounts the rod to far back on the coil either.----Yes, that is the solid white 5 X 10 DD and the ears are mounted almost in the center of the coil (just a little in back of center)- it has nice sized, well re-inforced ears on it (not thin ones like on the 11").---Because of these facts & it being a solid construction coil---it would make you a good woods coil (in brush, sticks, etc.).----I really like it on my GB although it doesn't get just quite the depth of the 11".----I had the NEL's to & got rid of them, if that tells you anything. :)
azsh07 said:
I was looking at that because....one thing I actually hate about the 11" DD is it is rear mounted verses center mounted. Love the coil accept for that. If you bushwhack like I do center mounted coils stay put a lot better. Since the day they came out with the 11" DD way back on the T2 that one thing drove me nuts.
Reason why I end buying an NEL is for that reason. Sounds stupid but juts don't like rear mounted coils

Well I had the Big NEL....worked well...not any better than the 11" DD though. Tried the SEF coils...were as deep as the 11" DD but no deeper. Only liked em for the center mount actually.....like the Hunter coil. But probably the 5x10 Tek coil would be better as it is solid. Sticks popping up through the open coils is an annoyance at times too,

nice write up Scott!:clapping: Hear you on the 11"dd mounting pattern...one way it does work well is in the totlots when a guy is getting it to sweep under all the equipment, kneeling down and all..then a fellow can really fold it flat and reach under there...of course I guess a guy could do that with a center mount too...just something I noticed that I liked about the rear mount. Other than that, its a bummer catching the toe in high grass or trying to bushwhack with it like you do..standard sportsfield work or beaches is ok. Those large fins on it make it really hard to use in the water though...if a fellow was going to fab up a wading unit using one of these coils, those fins would have to go..
Mud